Biergarten during Covid - is it worth it?

We are going to WDW in 12 days and have never eaten at Biergarten before but really want to try it. I have heard the menu is scaled back and is no longer a buffet but family style, which I expected. I’m going to assume it is no longer communal seating as in the past. Is there still entertainment during the meal? Also, we have an extremely picky 9 y/o that I know will not want to eat anything there but obviously has to be with us - I was thinking of getting him something at Sunshine Seasons first and then the rest of us can have a nice meal at Biergarten - do you think that’s possible? Will CM’s care that he is with us but NOT actually eating - should I reduce our reservation by one person? Any advice from those that have recently been to Biergarten would be most helpful.

1 Like

If your on Instagram check out touring plans today. They ate there for lunch. In highlights and stories they talk about it.

I’ve never eaten there but from that it looked great.

2 Likes

We are at Biergarten last week with kids 3, 7 and 11. They are seating parties apart and no sharing tables. The band still plays but dance floor is not open . Besides the adult food they bring a “kids plate” for the younger crowd that includes green beans, hot dog-type sausages and a noodle/cheese casserole which I thought was really good. My kids have always liked the Wiener schnitzel as well which is on the adult platter. I don’t know if they will allow a member of the party not to be charged but you could ask. Don’t reduce the number on your reservation; even if it’s an infant everyone has to be included in the count. We all really enjoyed it, although it was not the usual experience.

4 Likes

No sharing of tables you say? Suddenly loving the idea of eating there :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

lol agree! No sharing table and family style! Sounds so much more appealing to us.

4 Likes

And no dance floor so no chance i could be forced to dance? Sign me up!

5 Likes

Wait, they kinda …ahem… “encouraged” you to dance?

1 Like

No idea, i’ve never been. Someone in my family would probably try though

2 Likes

Ah ok. I was thinking it’d be like the spirit of aloha part where they encourage people to get up and hula. :grimacing: hard pass, harrrrrd pass.

2 Likes

I think it was mainly kids who were invited up to listen and dance, but I’m sure anyone could have! Circa December 2018:

4 Likes

Oops didn’t mean to include the second photo!

1 Like

But it’s so cute! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

My favorite meet and greet memory with DS3 (2 at the time) was from that same one with Mickey and Minnie. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

We’ve shared our table several times at Biergarten (and a couple times at the Japanese grill table place which name has just left my memory). All good memories.

As for adults not eating at Biergarten because of the dancing : :rooster: :chicken:

1 Like

I have not been there in years. First, DW would rather not eat at a buffet and second, while solo it is awkward to be seated with others. I have an ADR for September to give it another go.

1 Like

I just saw Len’s Instagram post about it today and he was raving about the food. It sounded like big portions with lots of variety.

2 Likes

I only ate there once, and this was more than 30 years ago while I was still in college. I was there with some college friends, while the band was playing a polka, I was teasing a friend about getting out on the dance floor to polka, when I feel a tap on my shoulder. Standing there was young female CM who grabs me by the hand and takes me to the dance floor, where I spent the next three minutes doing the worst Polka imaginable.

3 Likes

I love to polka

We were there in Dec 2018. There wasn’t really anyone dancing. I don’t even think any kids were on the floor. Maybe if we’d been there in the evening (after a few drinks) DH would’ve gotten me out there to polka.
We did share a table with another group, but it wasn’t too bad. And I hate having to chit-chat with strangers.
I agree with others, though. Family style sounds fantastic!

I totally danced with my kids last year 8/2/19. We loved the food. Can’t wait to eat there again. 18 more days!!!

4 Likes