BG from Home?

From everything I’ve read, the boarding pass option is still the best option if the supply situation can’t be resolved. I’d look at two further restrictions: one is only one boarding group per person per 30 day period. Yes, that means Jimmy the Star Wars geek gets limited… but it also opens up opportunities to Star Wars fans who get shut down.

Also, you have to have a FastPass+ scheduled for DHS that day. Maybe that’s the alternative for tapping into a park, or people who are grabbing groups from home.

2 Likes

I agree.

Thank you. I heard a host on a recent Disney late-night-talk-show-themed YouTube show talk about how he’s been on Rise 3 or 4 times since it opened. I wanted to crawl through my computer and choke him.

I don’t know why everyone’s all upset about BG’s. When FoP debuted they released super limited FP’s, had huge queues sprawling across the park, and rope drop was also an absolute cluster.

I super-duper don’t know why anyone here is all upset about BG’s since we’re the ones with the best chance of getting them. I would be much angrier if I rolled into DHS at 8:01 without understanding that I had already lost my chance to ride.

1 Like

For me the chance of not getting a BG is stressful and makes planning difficult. We went to AK a couple of weeks after FoP opened and RD was chaos, but at least I knew we would be able to ride. It was craziness but all my kids said it was worth it (and I agreed). Now if we go to HS and deal with craziness we may have nothing to show for it (other than disappointment).

1 Like

Fastpasses from the start for FOP - or at least a few weeks after. I was there in the first month and booked one at 60+5 days.

1 Like

I wasn’t really think about it for convenience. Just as a way to limit the insanity in HS in the morning. It was not a fun experience. Our least favourite park because of the crowds. All of the rides were 60+ minute waits within 10-15 minutes of park open. No shows run until at least 10:30. If it still like it was in January during our next trip we will likely skip the park altogether. Maybe hop over later in the day once all the RD people have left. I’m not doing RD if it is still a mess.

Did anyone try this today to see if they fixed it?

I tested at home today just to see if they fixed it… and it looks like they did. Got as far as the “Is everyone in the park?” message.

Someone on chat in the park missed out on a BG at 8.00:19. As did plenty of others obviously. There were only 46 guaranteed boarding groups, with some speculation that this was because the ride was down so much yesterday and people got FPs to come back today. That would be so frustrating!

I would’ve thought when 7DMT opened up that they would have gone to tiers then. Seems odd that they would do it with Tron

True…although, I think it is a matter of how many rides before they make a tier for it. In the case of 7DMT, it essentially is a Tier 1 since it has no competition and everyone ends up going for it first.

But if you wanted to start splitting the FPs among popular rides, the additional of Tron seems like a good time to do it.

The question would become which rides would be Tier 1. I could see 7DMT, Tron, and PPF for sure. Beyond that, it becomes trickier to tier.

MK is big enough to handle just 7DMT & Tron as Tier 1 rides. Adding PPF will drive up their Fantasyland EMM numbers for sure.

1 Like

Which would be a good reason for them to do it

1 Like

I don’t think it has to be some new, cool ride. Just take the top 3 FP’s at any given time and make them tier 1. If it will spread out FP usage a little bit and there’s no real harm, why not?

And looking at this chart, it appears the top 3 right now would be 7DMT, PPF, and Belle. https://touringplans.com/blog/2019/07/02/fastpass-availability-at-walt-disney-world-update-4/