'Better Together: A Pixar Pals Celebration!' Parade Times Announced for

I wish. :frowning:

1 Like

We watched from the very front rope in Main St. one of our night in early April. We went around 8:15pm (9:30pm start) to the part of the street right in front of the Christmas store. There were people sitting all along Main St inside ropes down along the side. And where ropes would go up to divide sections, there were handfuls of more people hanging around standing next to the sitting people waiting to form the front of the section. For the very front of Main St it’s a little bit forward of where the sidewalk from the Christmas Store and Refreshment Corner line up. There was a couple very confidently standing right in the middle of the street right where the rope eventually got setup setup and as more people arrived we all lined up around them, probably just under an hour before the show.

The castle projections were a little ways off in the distance but there were some beautiful ones that hit differently than seeing them on Main St. buildings. You do have cast members waving people who linger in the walkway through, but we like having front of the rope so the younger kids can just stand up on their stroller seat when it starts and see, and it beats camping even earlier in the hub which is always harder for us with a stroller and kids who may need a quick route to the bathroom in that 1.5-3 hr wait.

On less busy days, we’ve gone at about 50 minutes before the show to where they set up a walkway through the middle of the hub (through the Partners statue and going across from Frontierland to Tomorrowland) and once they setup the rope you’ve got a decent view ( a little bit sideways).

But I far prefer being immersed in the projections within Main St surrounding me. So we like to be further back by the section that is divided with a walkway setup with Market House (Starbucks), and the Jewelry Store that connect to the Emporium across the way.

With just 2 of you and no stroller you could probably find a very good spot, not necessarily at the front of any one section but still a great view with 30-45 minutes to go. I would just avoid the Frontierland side of the hub. And if you’re not able to see the castle clearly, then being close to the hub/castle is less important and you’ll more want a spot in Main St.

1 Like

@daw623 this is the only thing I could find on FWs for Pixar Fest. Hopefully we’ll find out soon. Jessica and I will be there Wednesday and Thursday this week hoping for a soft opening! During spring break we were surprised FWs went off during the week. Dont think many people expected it.

We were wondering why Peter Pan was basically a walk on! :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s finally there (only 4 days ahead):

2 Likes

That is definitely a record in how close they’ve cut it before it starts to adding to the schedule.

I remember my first experience was in Feb 2015 when we were supremely interested in making sure we saw Lunar New Year the first year we had our Annual Passes (still under the self-delusion that this would be our 1-year of APs) and it took them until 30 days before to give a date range at all for the festival and then 15 days before to add times for the procession and what would be going on those dates. I was so stressed. And that’s when I first realized anytime there’s a limited run like this for DL it’s kinda the norm not to know until close to it. But 4 days is really, really, really a record. I think the 14-15 days is more usual.

2 Likes

Yes and we’re doing the VIP tour and they were like we’ll schedule parades and fireworks with you 30 days out when they’re in the schedule and they weren’t. Either of 'em!

2 Likes

Literally LOL’ing here at my desk. That’s so cute they thought 30 days before would be enough. I guess once the festival/season or whatever is going on has been going on for longer than 2 weeks 30 days is enough, but I rarely see the details for the start of something new up at that time.

2 Likes

They have still not reached out to me minus originally and to confirm the pre & post ADRs were made. Otherwise, it’s me seeing the schedule is up and saying okay here is the list of what I want and here are my if we have extra time wants.

My tour is 5/3 so 11 days away.

2 Likes

Oh jeez!! Well hopefully they’re just not stressed at all about it because crowds are expected to be decently low. But definitely want to hear reports back of how it all goes!!

2 Likes

I’ll do a report and say if it’s worth it but I can already guess my answer at $700/hour. We’re also doing the non-private Universal one that’s $420 a person for a minimum of 5hours. That one I’ll probably think is worth it for the upgraded backlot tour/bus and unlimited express to Mario Kart/Nintendo World and access to the Bowser game finale (oh yeah and two meals, one of which is apparently a character meal!)

1 Like

Are there two Pooh Corners?

2 Likes

Maybe the ride and M&G?

2 Likes

Looks like these cars are now in DTD instead of DCA. Couple weeks ago it was the beautiful Princess and the Frog mural

3 Likes

Lots of Pixar Fest stuff around the park! We just missed the parade today but hoping to catch it tomorrow. Going to meet up with a few other liner friends before they hit Star Wars nite. :blush::heart:

3 Likes

4 Likes
2 Likes

Despite it being a windy day today the fireworks actually happened tonight! :blush:

6 Likes

Any suggestions of where is the best place to watch this new Pixarfest nighttime show?

2 Likes