Better late than never: I've been convinced I need to start a trip report mid-trip

We’ve already been here for 4 days and I was not planning on doing any sort of trip report. But thanks to a sleepless late night after eating 2 scoops of ice cream at Beaches and Cream, I got on here and started posting. And along comes @Jeff_AZ and @vcka, who convinced me that I should start a report. So here it is.

Let me catch you up. It’s me, DW, Connor (DS7) and Cam (DS4) and my parents. We’re staying at YC, my parents are at BC. By the time they decided to come, YC was booked up completely, so I put them over there at BC. I’ll skip the boring details. Here are the highlights from Day 1-4

Saturday: Travel day from DC, arrive at YC

Sunday: MK Ate delicious pastries, accidentally rope dropped IASW :man_facepalming:, dinner at Tony’s and had an amazing NY strip, Connor made a friend in HM line and rode with him on the ride.

Monday: HS was a day of firsts. Connor rode RnRC for the first time and loved it, tried blue milk for the first time and loved it, got to be pilots and gunners for the first time on smugglers run and loved it, got the carrot cake cookie for the twentieth time and loved it, got stuck on ToT for the first time and didn’t love it but we got an anytime LL pass!, rode RotR for the first time and loved it, then hopped to EP and saw Harmonious for the first time and loved it.

Tuesday: AK

And now you are caught up. Today is a lazy morning day, with plans to go to Stormalong bay, then lunch at B&C, before heading to MK for the dessert party. I’ll be stacking LL reservations for our late afternoon arrival. Already have JC, aiming for Btmrr or space.

39 Likes

There’s lots of L :heart_decoration:ve there for firsts :heavy_heart_exclamation: :rofl: Enjoy your day!

5 Likes

Oh, yeah, how could I forget another first that happened on Monday: First liner meet of the trip (photo courtesy of @ezed62)

32 Likes

Classic. LOVE!

OMG that’s cool! What kind of camera is he using?

11 Likes

Also - I’m so glad you’re reporting! :smiley: I didn’t see where you were posting so I don’t know how you got roped into it, but I’m excited to follow!

6 Likes

Yay! A trip report that I might actually be able to keep up with! (Only because I’m on break :joy:)

Go Blue!

5 Likes

He’s aiming to replace Chapek :joy:

That camera is a Polaroid from target. Thought it would be fun for the boys! He has been taking pics with friends he meets in line and giving them to them to remember their encounter :joy:

24 Likes

I’ve been posting in the daily open thread, where I tend to hide and feel comfortable :joy: Stepping out of my comfort zone here a little

13 Likes

So glad someone will follow along with this nonsense. Go Blue!

8 Likes

Current situation: trying to get two children out the door and to the pool. He’s 7 but acts like a lazy teen already

27 Likes

Is this day 4 or 5…? he’s just exhausted :wink: :laughing:

6 Likes

My 7 year old is always the last one out of bed on school days, and I have a lazy teenager too :joy: It’s hard being 7 , apparently :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

I’ve already lost count. Let’s see, I think you are right. It is day 5 :joy:.

6 Likes

Oh. My. GOODNESS I love your son! How wonderful is that??
He’s a Liner, you know. :heart:

15 Likes

Glad you finally obliged and started this report. Your son is so adorable and has a great eye with the camera!

6 Likes

He’s been making lots of friends in line. The Haunted mansion photopass pic in the first post is of him and his random friend riding alone together in the doom buggy :joy:

22 Likes

:joy: @dreamer said the same thing, but I just chose not to show his many failed attempts

18 Likes

:wink:

5 Likes

:joy: :joy:

4 Likes

A beautiful day at stormalong bay (hey that rhymes)

24 Likes