Better Hilton Property

Which is better overall? Double Tree Suites Disney Springs or Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs? Or is there another Hilton relatively close you like better? I’m especially interested in good pool for the kiddos since waterparks not open.

We have stayed at both. I was not impressed with the Double Tree–the pool was dirty when we were there and we had a roach problem in our room (it’s FL and I understand it’s not uncommon but hotel wasn’t very responsive). I like the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista–we have stayed there several times. I think it does need to be updated though. The pool is nice enough and it’s close to Disney Springs.
My actual favorite Hilton hotel in the area is actually the Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista. It’s a newer hotel with a nice pool. The views aren’t great because half the hotel overlooks I-4. But it is really not far from Disney (we always have a car though so I don’t know what hotel transportation is like). And I like the extra space you get at Embassy Suites.

2 Likes

We stayed at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista for a couple of days before our stay at the BWI in May a year ago. I don’t remember too much about it as we were never there, but I’m generally quite picky about hotels so it must have been fine. We stayed there purely for the location, which was great.

They do have Pure Wellness rooms which are hyped for people with allergies- but those rooms do have a HEPA filtering device. For people worried about coronavirus, that seems like a possible amenity worth paying for.

1 Like

Stayed at the Doubletree Disney Springs in July 2018 and were not impressed. It’s ok. We had a free 3 nights for some reason (my sister’s free 3 nights) and we’d probably stay again for free.
Free Disney shuttle: maybe once an hour, uncovered waiting areas at parks (kinda jittery feeling when the thunder is getting nearer), one bus serves two parks.
In house restaurant was interesting: went to it at 5:30 on a Friday night in July - both employees sitting in restaurant with the lights out. They did turn the lights on and serve us. Food was edible and didn’t make us sick.
One bedroom suite was ok.
Best thing was the valet parking. We chose valet cuz it was maybe a few dollars more than self parking and the self parking lot was tiny. Way easier to valet and the bell staff got a kick out of being valet too, for a change. They were monumentally (and hilariously) puzzled to be getting tips.

2 Likes

This is the very definition of “damning with faint praise.”
:rofl:

5 Likes

That’s a great point about wellness rooms.

1 Like

Hilton seems prone to the faint praise damnation. :wink:

3 Likes

Lol! Indeed.

2 Likes

Last December, we stayed at the Hilton at Bonnet Creek. I was toying with the 3 Hilton brand hotels at Disney Springs and made reservations for the DoubleTree because we wanted more space for 4 adults (me, DH, DD21, DS19) and it cost less Hilton points than the 2 Hiltons. DoubleTrees, in our experience, can be old and dingy. But someone here stayed recently and said it wasn’t bad at all

In the Spring, the Hilton at Bonnet Creek became a “Good Neighbor” hotel with Disney perks. We fell in love with the lazy river and pool area. Although warm in December, we were cold when the wind blew across our wet skins in the lazy river. The room was spacious, though still a bit tight for 4 adults. The room was clean and modern. It provided free shuttle service to DS and the parks in a loop. We took it sometimes, when it was convenient. But most of the time, we took Lyft. If you are a Hilton Honors member, you should have the option to have free breakfast for 2 everyday. Upon check in, we learned that benefit wasn’t available at this Hilton. We got a $10 credit everyday for breakfast. That was not enough money for even 1 person.

How did I forget about Hilton Bonnet Creek? We have stayed there and really enjoyed it as well. The pool and lazy river are great and the rooms were updated and clean.

3 Likes

And it was quiet!

1 Like

Agree–it was.

1 Like

I thought I’d read the shuttle was $15/person/day.

Also, thought the free breakfast was for the two highest Hilton Honors members? Moot if not at this property anyway?

But if the shuttle is free, Bonnet Creek Hilton might move back to our list of possibles.

1 Like

In December 2019, the shuttle was free. We just needed to show our room key when boarding. MK drop off was at the TTC.

Opps! We are Hilton Gold Members so we can get the 2 free breakfast perk at Hilton Hotels. I was upset this Hilton didn’t offer the free breakfast perk. We didn’t know that they didn’t offer the perk until we checked in. We stayed 10 nights. I would much rather have had 2 free breakfasts each day than the 1,000 Hilton points for the stay.

Parking was $29/day (we only used it once) and the resort fee was like $35/day (ridiculous!). Because we stayed entirely on Hilton Points, we didn’t need to pay the resort fee. So, remember to consider the resort and parking fees.

We would stay there again for the lazy river and pool alone!

2 Likes