Best WDW Resorts

Wow!

I am not shocked, really, as it’s a fabulous resort. My two faves were definitely at the top, hotel-wise. But from a DVC perspective (and the winner was not separated into DVC vs hotel - or was it?) I would never buy here because of the limited room types. Which is a total shame because otherwise I think it would be where I would want to stay the vast majority of the time. But my family of 4 needs more space, and we also are not rich LOL

4 Likes

I agree with you. We fell in love with Poly on this last trip, but only having Studios and bungalows makes it hard for when our older kids are with us, and there’s no way we could ever afford a bungalow.

1 Like

I love the running gag on Mary’s riot:

Mary, the fearless leader and original WL fan girl, has big plans: “My Belligerent Rioters Against Wilderness Lodge Slander (B.R.A.W.L.S) will continue our fight in the name of roaring forks, bubbly pools and indoor bridges until the glory of Wilderness Lodge is restored.” When I eventually stay at Wilderness Lodge someday, I’m having you give me a tour, Mary.

Another commenter:

Does the TP algorithm account for Mary’s riot plans? Will this impact wait times and park reservation availability?

:joy:

4 Likes

The article also includes a ranking which they developed using an iterative algorithm to account for things like uneven matchups at the beginning of the tournament. It will be interesting to see how this compares to the eventual Liner poll that I will release when I have time! :wink:

1. Polynesian Resort (originally seeded 18th)
  2. Animal Kingdom Lodge – Kidani Village (seeded 9th)
  3. Yacht Club (seeded 12th)
  4. Animal Kingdom Lodge – Jambo House (seeded 14th)
  5. Wilderness Lodge (seeded 7th)
  6. Contemporary Resort (seeded 17th)
  7. Grand Floridian Resort + Spa (seeded 13th)
  8. BoardWalk Inn (seeded 11th)
  9. Beach Club Villas (seeded 10th)
  10. BoardWalk Villas (seeded 8th)
  11. Bay Lake Tower (seeded 4th)
  12. The Villas at Grand Floridian (seeded 1st)
  13. Port Orleans – French Quarter (seeded 5th)
  14. Riviera Resort (seeded 2nd)
  15. Copper Creek Villas + Bungalows (seeded 3rd)
  16. Boulder Ridge Villas (seeded 6th)
  17. Beach Club Resort (seeded 15th)
  18. Polynesian Villas + Bungalows (seeded 19th)
  19. Port Orleans – Riverside (seeded 24th)
  20. The Cabins at Fort Wilderness (seeded 16th)
  21. Old Key West Resort (seeded 20th)
  22. Swan (seeded 21st)
  23. Art of Animation (seeded 22nd)
  24. Coronado Springs (seeded 27th)
  25. Caribbean Beach (seeded 30th)
  26. Pop Century (seeded 26th)
  27. Saratoga Villas (seeded 23rd)
  28. Saratoga Springs Resort (seeded 25th)
  29. Dolphin (seeded 28th)
  30. All-Star Movies (seeded 29th)
  31. All-Star Music (seeded 32nd)
  32. All-Star Sports (seeded 31st)
1 Like

I didn’t notice before: SSR and SSV?

1 Like

Yeah is there a difference? Do the treehouses work in there somehow? (I think those are still a thing, right?)

The only difference is how you book. A cash room will be next to a DVC room.

1 Like

Thanks for posting the list, neat to see the final outcomes with the original seeding.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Did we discuss in the past why Jambo DVC is not on the list?

2 Likes

I’m guessing it’s just to keep it simple, and because there isn’t an appreciable difference between Jambo DVC and Jambo regular? It’s a fair point though because the room layouts are different and on higher floors, which could impact guest experience.

Personally I’m glad my one AKL experience was at Jambo DVC rather than Kidani. Kidani is too spread out. Jambo is the hidden gem of the DVC world, so less advertising is better for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree on Jambo > Kidani. My room was not quite halfway down the hall in Kidani and I would have been piiiiiiissed to be in some of those farthest rooms.

2 Likes

Jambo has more DVC rooms than CC or GFV?

I honestly don’t see how you can rank CC and not Jambo DVC

2 Likes

I asked Becky and here’s what she said:

2 Likes

Since there are more rooms there than CC is it an issue with the way the data is collected?

2 Likes

Maybe people who stay at Jambo DVC don’t realize that they need to submit their survey response for DVC specifically, resulting in TP getting fewer reviews?

1 Like

I have to disagree for one reason. The DVC rooms are so high up. I prefer to be lower and closer to the animals! But one trip we were on the far reaches of Kidani and that was rough. However, the next time, I requested close to the lobby on the main floor. It was wonderful! Very little walking and we were up close and personal with the animals. I do love Jambo too.

1 Like

We had a pool view room so seeing the animals didn’t matter as much, obviously. We found the lookout points to be very accessible and the Jambo side of the resort was very walkable. Kidani was like a Boeing manufacturing facility in comparison.

2 Likes