Best Time to hit Atlanta

We’ll be driving from SE Wisconsin. Is it better to try to get through Atlanta on that Saturday night (8pm ish)? or stop just north of Atlanta and head through Sunday morning (8:30am ish) ?
Anyone know much about Atlanta traffic patterns?

Better on Sunday morning. 75/85/20 all converge so it can be a pain around the connector. Sunday morning will be relatively empty on 75 or 85 in the morning.

4 Likes

I haven’t driven through Atlanta in awhile but have done so dozens of times in the past. Sunday am should be good. Saturday night might be hit or miss… hard to say w/ covid impact. But most metro area interstates are gravy on Sunday mornings.

2 Likes

oh… it’s always quicker to drive straight through I75/85 and avoid the 285s

ouch. forget ADRs. book a urologist

2 Likes

Thanks!!
I wanted to stop north of ATL anyway.

We generally stop around Dalton or Calhoun when coming from Michigan recently. We used to stop at Chattanooga, but like to go a bit further that first day now.

Never :rofl:

1 Like

For real tho - I would do it Sunday morning vs. Saturday night if you could. I’ve had many a Saturday night stuck in Atlanta traffic coming back home. It’s always a gamble.

1 Like

I was going to say the same thing. :joy:

1 Like

My daughters just drove through Atlanta (Sat. 3/20) about 9pm and said traffic was awful.

1 Like

DDs are stuck in Atlanta now 4/3 5:30 EST. There’s digital signs warning of “Spring break delays”

1 Like

Wow that’s crazy. I’m planning to hit Atlanta on a Saturday morning when we drive down in June

This is craziness. I have never lived anywhere with traffic on Saturday unless there is a ball game or something. Sometimes there is traffic going in and out of Phoenix at the beginning or end of long weekends, but Saturday is usually clear.

1 Like

Atlanta traffic is like no other.

3 Likes