Best time for FARTS

I would really like to head to the World during FARTS in 2024. Ideally I want the weather as warm as possible and the crowds as low as possible. I know both are unpredictable, but I’m thinking early to mid February. Are there any events that might draw bigger crowds during that timeframe?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Temperatures rise a few degrees on average in February but precipitation is only marginally higher.

Crowds around MLK Day don’t seem to have been as bad as Presidents’ Day, which has been gangbusters, so definitely go early February if you choose not to go in January.

I’ll add that many of us were there in mid- to late-January and it was absolutely perfect. But that’s never a guarantee in Florida.

5 Likes

I’d go before Feb. 9. The next week contains Ash Wednesday and Valentine’s Day on Feb 14, so Mardi Gras leads up to that. That same week ends in the 3-day holiday weekend with Presidents’ Day. The Princess Half-Marathon weekend is after that, Feb 22-25 in 2024.

4 Likes

I am looking forward to seeing FArts. We will be at WDW Jan 17 through 22, heading just into a single park…Epcot…one of the days so that we can check out the festival.

3 Likes

It was perfect this year but that same week the last 3 years was not. :cold_face:

3 Likes

I would go somewhere between the weekend after MLK day and before Valentine’s day.

2 Likes

Do you think it would be too cold to stay in a Copper Creek Cabin at that time? I’ve always wanted to, and I’ve got some points to burn.

1 Like

What kinds of things do you think would make it too cold for a cabin specifically? You mean like the heating in the cabin? Activities outside? (Don’t the cabins have a hot tub?)

1 Like

Yeah, there’s the screened in porch with the hot tub. I’d like to be able to properly enjoy that.

1 Like

It’s a gamble really. I probably would save that splurge for another time when you’re more likely to have pool weather.

2 Likes

Personally I kind of like using a hot tub when it’s cold outside! But that’s just me. :blush:

6 Likes

Yeah, the possibility of cool weather would make the cabin & hot tub more attractive for me!

4 Likes

Ditto

I’d choose the bungalow at poly in hot times with the plunge pool

2 Likes

I would shoot for end of January beginning of February for your best shot at nice weather and lower crowds.

One warning though if you plan to pick up some art earlier is better as the one of a kind pieces do sell and aren’t always replaced with something else.

4 Likes