Best "romantic" dinner at each park

My wife and I will have one night in the World alone together, and I’d like to book an ADR for a “romantic” dinner. I’m not sure which park we will visit yet. In order of my preference, I’m thinking:

EP: Le Cellier
MK: California Grill (late enough to watch HEA)
HS: Brown Derby
AK: Jiko

Any thoughts or recommendations?

3 Likes

I haven’t eaten at any of those, but if you’re willing to leave the parks, the restaurants at Swan/Dolphin are really nice. And close enough to go back to Epcot or HS for fireworks.

1 Like

I have eaten in all of them! CG has a great view but I don’t think the restaurant is romantic. The tables at LC almost touch each other. I would pick Jiko,

5 Likes

Technically CG and Jiko are not in the parks… I have not done LC. Brown Derby I love, but not romantic. CG I love but not romantic (although not bad especially if close to Fireworks time)…I’d pick Jiko if you want romantic but it’s in AKL and no fireworks

1 Like

I think you will find that Flying Fish has the ambiance your looking for and it’s a short wall from the EPCOT International Gateway entrance.

Narcoossee’s has a really nice 2 top table in an alcove that is rather private but getting seated there would be a major trick. Otherwise Narcoossee’s is noisy when at full occupancy.

5 Likes

oh yes…love flying fish

2 Likes

I have been to all of them (and like them all except for Le Cellier). I would pick Jiko. Fabulous food, great wine list and more romantic than the others.

2 Likes

Another vote for Jiko.

2 Likes

Of the 4 that you listed, I think Jiko is the “most romantic” and has the best food. Not on your list, but I would also recommend Monsieur Paul in EP (WAY more “romantic” than LC, and IMHO, much better food).

3 Likes

I’ve only eaten at HBD from that list - doing CG next week. For AK - what about Tiffins? That’s been my DH’s fave.

1 Like

Thanks for all the suggestions. How about watching IllumiNations (or equivalent) from Monsieur Paul? Is that a good idea or is it better to watch outside? This will be a relatively low crowd day.

Flying Fish. Much less people (families) and activity in there. Great food. More romantic. Obviously not in a park, but very close.

1 Like

Definitely outside after dinner. MP only has a few windows, and I have no idea if the view is any good. And I prefer to enjoy dinner and Illuminations as two separate, non competing events. I don’t want to worry about a $50 entree getting cold while I’m watching…

4 Likes

My vote is California Grill (with watching the HEA fireworks from their outdoor terrace). If you really want to go all out, you can special pre-order a custom cake through the Contemporary to be delivered to your table for dessert (at least you used to be able to do that). I did that for my 1 year anniversary.

1 Like

I didn’t find Jiko romantic at all. They tried to seat our party of 3 next to a big family group with at least 10 (we asked to move to a better table with a view).

I like the flying fish suggestion. LC looks terrible to me. I enjoyed CG the most out of those mentions.

1 Like

We really loved Spice Road Table for this. Lovely view. They don’t rush you.
Since it is Moroccan food (though not particularly adventurous) you don’t see loads of kids there. Service has been wonderful. We booked at 7:40 and everything timed perfectly. We had a leisurely multi-course meal and got dessert just as the fireworks started. Going back this week.

2 Likes

Monsieur Paul is quite romantic, IMO. But, not great for watching Illuminations. My husband and I truly had a magical meal together, but the windows really don’t allow for full viewing of the fireworks. Again, top notch food and service, tho.

3 Likes

Again, thank you all for your comments. I’ll probably try to book a few of these, and then let DW decide which one to keep after our first trip in October (this “romantic” dinner idea is for a possible later trip).

I just said something to my wife about planning for a fall 2020 WDW trip. She looked at me like I’m nuts since our 2019 WDW trip is still months away. Only Liners understand …

2 Likes

Yes indeed. Funny thing is, when I mentioned it to DW she seemed open to the idea. Will decide for sure in the next week or two.

1 Like