Best restaurants on dining plan

Looks like they are! https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/1900-park-fare/

You guys are so amazing!
When they say “May appear” is it still pretty likely that a character will appear?

We had a lot of fun with the characters we interacted with on our last trip. Some of them, we had bought little treats for them. We gave Mickey a pop ring to propose to Minnie :wink:, nuts for Chip and Dale, Twinkie for Tiger, DS’s old little toy car with Donald driving it, honey for Pooh, … pop rings for Minnie and Daisy since their boys haven’t proposed.

DD has a white Build-A-Bear she had named Snow White and she does have a Snow White costume. We bought her to the 7 Dwarfs meet and greet dressed as Snow White and the Dwarfs fought over her!

2 Likes

I think they say that as a CYA move, but yes I think it’s pretty likely. I have never done 1900 Park Fare, but perhaps someone can comment who has gone recently!

We have never done DDP and it is unlikely that we will ever do DDP. The math doesn’t cut it for us and for us, it really doesn’t provide us flexibility.

We always pay out of pocket. It doesn’t matter, for the most part, what a restaurant charges for us to eat there. WDW dining is expensive. We are all foodies. The food has to be good or decent for us to eat there. On our first trip, we did TS at CA Grill, Le Celliar, Coral Reef, Ohana, and 50s Prime Time. We didn’t like Ohana and 50s Prime Time. We would do CA Grill, Le Celliar and Coral Reef again. This last trip, we did TS at CA Grill, Story Book Dining, Homecoming’, Garden Grill, and Grand Floridian. We wouldn’t do Homecomin’ and Garden Grill again. Garden Grill has great character interaction but the food, meh. Going to Epcot during a Festival limited our TS!

2 Likes

It means they almost always appear but they won’t guarantee it. We had no step sisters at 1900PF dinner.

1 Like

Bummer. Aren’t they the highlight of the dinner?

1 Like

I’ll never know!! Lady T was good value but it would have been so much better with all 3 of them.

Did you ask her where they were? That should have given some good entertainment. When we were there we asked her which of her daughters was the pretty one. She rolled her eyes at us and said something like "Isn’t it obvious? " :rofl: I thought she was the best of the 3.

1 Like

I said we were sorry not to meet them because I thought they might like to marry my son. She said she would get Prince Charming to invite us to the next ball, then asked DS if he had a castle. He said he had 12. She called to Prince Charming who was a couple of tables away and said he must come and meet us, then she went.

3 Likes