Best places to stay and eat in Cocoa Beach/Port Canaveral

We will be arriving around noon the day before our cruise, and want a nice place to stay with pool and hopefully beach access to chill out at - would also love recs for where to have dinner. Thanks!

I liked the Radisson a lot. It’s very popular with cruisers. No dinner recs, we ate at the hotel; but have you considered checking out Ron Jon? It’s kind of a local landmark.

honestly have 0 planning done on this aspect of trip! We just figure someplace by the beach might be nice? Near restaurants? Googlemaps is helpful - but “been there, done that” experience is so much better! Trying also to figure out if places further away are significantly longer drives (more “cocoa beach” I believe)…

At the Port there is Milliken’s Reef, Rusty’s, Grills, and Fishlips. Milliken’s being the nicer of the bunch, but all good fresh food and usually live entertainment. Sorry, no help with hotels… I live here :wink:

1 Like

Aare you looking for stay and park deal? or just stay?

@pirategirl007 no car here- so definitely just stay. :slight_smile:

We stay at the Four Points Sheraton in Cocoa Beach, it’s right next to Ron Jon, which is enormous and fun to shop. There is a restaurant inside the hotel and they give you a coupon when you check-in. The food is good and the atmosphere is cool, they have multiple fish tanks, etc and you can people watch as people are coming and going from the gift shop.

If you’re a Starwood Preferred Guest you can use points b/c it’s an SPG hotel (which is what we do), it’s a lot closer to the port than the Radisson and the accommodations are much nicer. They have a small pool but it’s also walking distance to the beach. There is a Subway, Taco Bell and Waffle House all within walking distance of the hotel and I believe there is some sort of grocery store in the plaza across the street as well. We never rent a car and haven’t had a problem getting anything we needed.

Hi. Hope this isn’t a silly question, but how do you get from the airport to the hotel and then to the ship? Does this hotel have transportation and is there a cost? Thanks!

I’ve always stayed at the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach - warm chocolate chip cookies at check in, beachfront, decent pool. We stay club level and get breakfast day of cruise. You can find discounts online, it’s a Hilton family hotel.

We eat at the seafood restaurant at the end of the Cocoa Beach pier.

We rent a car one-way from MCO to Cape Canaveral. The rental agencies have a free shuttle to the port when you return the car. Tip: drop off family and luggage at port, have one adult return the rental and get the shuttle back. You can’t check in, but the shuttles have limited space for the people and luggage.

2 Likes

Thanks for the hotel info and tip! :smile: