Best path to Epcot?

Hi! We are staying at Dolphin unless we can get a last minute DVC rental at Boardwalk. We’ve never stayed at the Epcot/Crescent Lake resorts before. From Dolphin, is it fastest to walk on the Boardwalk to Epcot IG or take the path in front of BC & YC? or not much difference?

I think it’s slightly more direct on the BC/YC side but not by a large margin.

If you were at Swan I would say BWV side but also not by a large margin.

1 Like

It was not very easy for me to find that side exit closest to YC so I always just walked across the BW side.

1 Like

We may just try both ways then, may also depend where our room is located I guess.

1 Like

I’m not sure what the actual distance is, but the BW side SEEMS faster, maybe because there’s more to look at. BC/YC side seemed boring. I’d bet there’s not much of a distance diff at all. Someone else can use google maps for exact measurements, but I’d bet that the amt is so small, the margin of error could mean Google can even be incorrect.

You can’t (easily) get overpriced ice cream, and crappy pastries if you use the BC path tho. :pig: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

When we stayed at Dolphin, we preferred the path shown in red. To us it felt faster (and we liked that we could skip the bridge on that walking path underneath which was a blessing when we had the stroller and or tired feet).

It won’t hurt to try both to see what works best for your family, but our vote was always the path in front of YC/BC.

1 Like

Ahh yes, we probably will try the crappy pastries at some point :laughing:

1 Like

Maybe we can do a challenge at some point to see which is faster. We did that with the bus vs. driving back to the hotel (AKL) after MK fireworks one night. Spoiler: driving was faster that day.

1 Like

I can let you know what the step/time difference is in exactly 6 weeks unless you beat me to it!

1 Like

We will be there on Nov. 20th! Getting close!

1 Like

BC/YC is slightly shorter by roughly .1 mile

4 Likes

Nice mapping! Thank you :relaxed:

1 Like