Best parks for Genie+

Ok so this is my first trip back to Disney since 2019. I was a pro with fastpass and love making touring plans so now trying to read up and learn everything about genie+. My first dilemma is since we have 4 people with 7 day park tickets, we won’t be able to purchase genie+ everyday even though I really want to! So I am trying to decide which days will be better for genie+ and when we can go without. Sounds like Magic Kindgom is always a good choice as there are lots of options. How would you rate the other parks? I plan to rope drop them all but my family may not always make that possible.

2 Likes

HS–do it.

Epcot–you can get by without it. Same for AK.

5 Likes

HS and MK are good parks to use it at. AK and Epcot less so.

But with 7 days in the parks you honestly could go without it at all the parks. Especially if you RD.

5 Likes

We had one day each park & decided to as follows:

HS- Absolutely, no questions asked & worth it.

EP- Yes but only because Remy, FEA & Test Track were all high priorities for us. With a good RD and/or single rider strategy you wouldn’t need it. It did help us avoid any wait for Spaceship Earth in peak hours, but again, that can be planned to avoid without paying. I don’t know that I would do G+ again for EP, but would if I were hopping to another park where it was more beneficial.

MK- It’s a good park for it BUT we also go to DLR frequently and there’s a lot of overlap between original DL & MK and to me it wasn’t worth paying to see such similar rides to what I can use my pass at DLR on the next weekend trip. Because 7Dwarves is unique to MK we did pay the ILL price for it & just did standby for everything else we wanted in MK.

AK- We only paid the ILL price for Flight of Passage & just looked for good standby waits or did single rider (for Everest) in between wandering & enjoying the general ambiance.

6 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I was originally trying to plan HS without genie+ since I am assuming you don’t need them for shows. I think I will originally plan to use genie+ for HS, 1 or 2 days at MK and maybe whichever park we only do one day EK or AK. But lets be honest I am most likely going to have 2 plans made for each day based on using genie + or not then can decide if its worth it depending if its $15 or $35 that day.

2 Likes

I like an abundance of plans

1 Like

If you can enter Epcot at IG and be there 30 minutes before EE you can rope drop Remy, FEA, then Soarin and Spaceship Earth. I did all those by 9:45 on a 8:30 EE day. Single rider TT. Epcot can be done without G+.

I’d get it for MK and DHS.

2 Likes

Personally, I would plan very similar. 1 day at HS with G+. 2 days at MK but only 1 with G+. That day, focus on the rides that have the most benefit from an LL. The second day, focus on “anytime” rides and shows. Plus, you can still hit a couple E-ticket rides with RD on that day. I would make AK my 1 day, G+ or not. You could just purchase the ILL for FoP and RD Navi, KS, EE and Dino in that order and take the rest of the day slow (no G+ really needed). I love 2 days at EP. And RD 2 E-ticket rides each day and the rest of it should be smooth sailing. I guess it depends on how much time you are willing to wait. My max is about 15-20 mins. But, I’ve only ever had to buy G+ for 2 ppl on 3 days. 7x4x$35… and, yeah, definitely time to question when it’s worth it.

We did a 9 day trip in August 22 and skipped G+ for the first day at each park. I added it for HS, Epcot (TT kept breaking down and it is a must for youngest). I also added it the final 2 days at MK because we were just tired and didn’t want to wait in lines anymore. Turns out we were in the early days of COVID, although I think 9 WDW days was too many for us.

Just came back from 4/20-23 park days, and did G+ all 4 days. The first Epcot day was only a partial park day due to a school performance at DS, so we used it pack more in. MK is a G+ necessity for a 1 day. AK/Epcot Sat allowed us to do two parks, and HS was pretty crowded on Sunday, so I feel it was worth it all 4 days. It helped that the price dropped across the trip. $20 on Thu, $18Fr/Sa, and down to $15 by Sun, if I recall.

1 Like