Best park for cold/windy/rainy day?

I am headed to Disneyworld next week and it looks very likely chance of rain on Friday and it’s between 63 and 72 degrees. Which park would be the best? If the rains scares off people and I walk around in flip flops that might be ok. I have a park hopper and right now have plans for MK and then can hop. Looks like there is space to change though. Any thoughts?

Jenn

3 Likes

My (totally subjective) ranking of the parks on a rainy day:

Magic Kingdom > Animal Kingdom >> Hollywood Studios >>>>> Epcot

3 Likes

I always pick HS: SDD is the only attraction I think of as being “outside”.

2 Likes

I agree with this. MK has the most outdoor attractions that shut down during rain, but it does have a fair amount of indoor attractions as well.

AK and EP are both so large that rain is a pain because you have to walk to get anywhere, but of the two I would choose AK on a rainy day.

If it’s raining when I’m at EP, I tend to huddle in one place for a while. The Land / Seas / Imagination pavilion areas are a good place to be since there’s a fair amount to do under one roof.

4 Likes

This is true, but I like that there are soooo many places fairly close together that you can duck into if you need a break from the weather as you walk from place to place.
Though animal kingdom is a lot of outdoors time, the safari is sometimes really fun when it is rainy! The animals like to be active in the rain.
I don’t know why I don’t like HS in the rain…there are plenty of indoor attractions. Maybe it is the way it is spread out?
And Epcot, is, well, Epcot.

3 Likes

It might be due to our specific experiences. For example, I got caught in a rain storm on Tom Sawyer Island without a poncho and was completely drenched. :grimacing: :rofl: But I still agree it is better than EP / AK.

I also had a particularly bad experience being rained out at EP. There were puddles – nay, lakes – everywhere so my feet got soaked.

AK does have a certain enchantment in the rain, even though it’s huge.

3 Likes

It absolutely is. I never have a bad time in the rain at MK (or AK). I always have a bad time in the rain at Epcot - I’m really not sure that I’ve spent a rainy day at HS other than a passing shower or two…so I put it 3rd.

I vividly remember this part of your trip report. Sorry that I am once again giggling at your misfortunes :grimacing:

4 Likes

It’s the only way to live! You either laugh or cry. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I think Epcot has plenty of places to duck out in the rain. Seas, Land, the interactive areas after MS, TT and SE come to mind. Also Mexico, China, and Japan have large indoor shops. The walking from place to place could be an issue in the rain but are we talking rain for hours or rain off and on?

3 Likes

We tried to get from the gift shop at the bottom of World Showcase (the big one between Mexico and Canada) to Figment in a downpour, and the “puddles” were up to my shins.

3 Likes

Thanks all! I haven’t been to Disneyworld with cold weather rain in a LONG time. I am used to summer rain…

Jenn

1 Like

I just went through 3.5 days of torrential downpours at WDW. I agree Magic Kingdom was the most tolerable with the number of places to duck and hide. Before that experience I used to say I don’t mind a rainy day at the park. Can’t say that’s true anymore. :blush:

4 Likes

How did your day go today? And I hear tomorrow is going to be the real drencher.

1 Like