Best OFFSITE Resort Rental?

DD11 and I have been looking at this site all afternoon and love it. We have narrowed our search to 4 resorts we want to look into: Solara Resort, Reunion Resort, Storey Lake Resort, & ChampionsGate Resort. They all seem to boast pretty decent amenities, upfront fees (hopefully) and close enough for what we get. Does any one know anything about these resorts?

Check the distance with each of these?
That may be a deciding factor.

Google mapped them all and looks like they are all pretty much the same distance from WDW give or take a few min. 10-25 minutes depending on park in midday traffic. Afraid to check at rope drop or close though -lol

1 Like

You can change the time of day in Google Maps so that you get an estimate for travel time at that time of day. Rather than using current traffic conditions, it will use average traffic conditions.

Good tip! That way I can fully prepare for the offsite driving! And with all the money I save staying offsite, Iā€™ll get in a few after hours events in to make up for losing 60 fpp. Will be getting one Gold AP to cover parking and get discounts as well. Slowly rolling this out to DH and will have an answer for every concern he has:)

we rope dropped Hollywood studios from Windsor hills in January and traffic was a breeze. On our animal kingdom day we tried but got stuck in the lines paying to park. We rode the tram to the entrance and my husband realized he left his wallet and had to ride the tram back to the car, took 15 minutes at least.
The parks are all within 10 minutes from Windsor hills, only 3 or 4 turns once out of the resort area

2 Likes

So after doing a ton more research (Iā€™m a bit "Type Aā€™ - lol), Iā€™ve decided on Storey Lake. We are renting a 6 bedroom pool house that is about a 5 minute walk from the clubhouse area of the resort. This resort seems really nice (lazy river, waterslides, minigolf, volleyball, kayakingā€¦) and fairly new. I will definitely be watching for reviews between now and our July 2020 trip! In case anyone is interested, Iā€™ll try posting my research doc here. It is in no way ā€˜completeā€™, however! I found that the more I learned about offsite resorts/accommodations, the more I found I needed to find out. (Hopefully, that makes sense!) Maybe itā€™ll help someone else out!

My crazy non-WDW resort research

2 Likes

Awesome analysis. I made a copy for future reference. Thank you for sharing.

Wow!! Impressive document! Thanks for sharing.

Oh. My. Goodness.
LOL
I look at bedroom layout and price.
And if the comforters look old fashioned. LOL

I hope you find the perfect place. You certainly have made the effort!!! :heart: WTG

1 Like

Howā€™s the food? I canā€™t find menus or prices. Looking for some casual dinners and quick non-buffet breakfast.

Super Impressive! What is your profession? Can I hire you?

Iā€™m not a cook. I wanted to just know about the food options at WBC.

Thanks for the accolades, guys! I do love my data - Iā€™m a growth driven Reading teacher. So much data to analyze with my 7th graders!

1 Like