Best Non Melty Snacks to eat in line?

Subject kinda says it all.
What are some of your favorite snacks to pack in that can be eaten while waiting in line and won’t melt or otherwise make a big mess?

Our favorite is goldfish!

1 Like

Beef jerky sticks
Chips
Goldfish
Apple slices
Carrot sticks
Pretzels
Granola bars (sans chocolate)
Lance crackers
Cheese nips
Spree candy
Teddy Grahams
Mini oreos
Animal crackers
Dry cereal
Bugles
Butter cookies
Chex mix
Dried fruit leather
Fruit roll-ups

Can you tell that I like snacks?

1 Like

You could buy a popcorn bucket and the refills are cheap

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. We just don’t buy that many pre-packaged snacks in everyday life so I was having trouble thinking of stuff. I want to simplify and keep people happy on this trip. Jerky is a good idea. My husband is way more likely than my second grader to get hangry. :wink:

1 Like

Plus! You can say “jerky” and toss it to him … and no one will question your choice of words.

4 Likes

I’ve never heard of this. As in – fruit roll ups, brand x?

Jerky would be the ultimate if it wasn’t so salty, but that’s the nature of the beast. Fla sun plus salty snacks + walking and talking = THIRST.
I try to avoid things that cause spikes and crashes in blood sugar levels - you can pretty much tell which kids were given ice cream, cookies and candy and soda, and donuts two hours ago. You’ll see them throwing tantrums all around you.

I’ll add honey roasted peanuts mixed with regular unsalted peanuts to the going list. it’s hard to find good “backpack snacks” that don’t get crushed, or are too salty / sugary. We’re usually jerky, peanuts, and juice boxes. Sure, we buy “bad” snacks in the parks, but after the decent protein-ish snacks, it SEEMS like that cronut or Dole Whip isn’t too bad.

1 Like

Pringles
Apple Sauce Pouches
cheez-its
Goofy’s Sour Gummy Worms

The ones I’ve seen are like a more healthy fruit roll up, no added XX and whatever.

Thanks! I could have, you know, Googled it. Just seemed to strange to me. Yum … leather. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like