Best Non-Disney Transportation to Hollywood Studios

I know HS is crazy busy right now without FP+ and the crowds getting bigger. We are staying offsite. We were initially planning to drive to HS but I am wondering if there is any benefit to arriving earlier if we take an uber/lyft? Would we get in earlier? We are seriously considering preferred parking for that day if we do drive. ROR is just so important to us, I’m terrified we won’t arrive in time!

If your goal is to get there early enough to get in for a BG, driving shouldn’t be a problem. Just plan to arrive around when the parking gates open, which has recently been an hour before park open. You will be able to park and get into the gate before 10. If you want to be able to ride something like MMRR before the BG drop, and beat the parking guests, I would take an Uber to the Boardwalk and walk from there.

1 Like

This is great advice. I have been thinking about how I wanted to get to HS before the crowd. Staying at POP and wanted to get there before the skyliner could get us there.

1 Like

Staying at Pop also. Does the skyliner not get u there early enough or are u trying to avoid all the waiting for the skyliner :face_vomiting: Im also considering Uber but was planning to uber to HS.

1 Like

There’s still the issue of getting into the Boardwalk area w/o a reservation. They don’t let any cars through w/o seeing your MDE reservation

1 Like

And heres a follow up question to Uber (always had a car so I have no clue), how long does it take, average, for an uber to get to the resort once you request a car (morning obviously)?

We’ve never waited more than 15min. We’ve also put in a request the night befor and scheduled a Lyft too. Then you are notified when the job is accepted. Man it’s been a min since I’ve used Lyft :thinking:

1 Like

Mostly trying to avoid all the waiting. I think that I could also get there earlier by walking from Boardwalk

1 Like

Good point!!!

I think that I am just being crazy about getting there early.

Honestly they open the gates early enough that if you are going on a weekday and arrive 30 min before RP you’ll be in and still be eligible for a BP, which I can’t seem to get :frowning:

1 Like

Owww, i didn’t know u could do this, THANK YOU! :grin:

1 Like

You could do the Swan then. No one is checking at the drop off area there.

1 Like

Oh, I thought I noticed guard shacks w/ gate arms in front of swan/dolphin the time we drove by on the way to YC?

My plan was to Uber/Lyft to Swan and walk to DHS from there… but now i’m super interested if anyone has done this and it worked ok?

There are no guards to the main Swan lobby circle where you could do drop off or valet. There is a self parking lot where there is a guard shack with an arm that you need to take a ticket/have a room key to enter.

You could be dropped off with no issue at the yellow square and then take the path in red. Bout a 15-20 min walk depending on your pace.

1 Like

Thanks. I think I’m just super paranoid! LOL. We have to days at HS so we will drive on day 1 and see how it goes. If anything goes wrong, we have another try. Day one is also Droid day, so even my husband has said, “Seriously, if preferred parking is only another $15 we may as well do it once.” We have a few more weeks, but I’ll share how it all goes!

2 Likes

Tell DH it’s another $20, not $15. Preferred is $45, standard is $25. Good luck on your trip!

1 Like