Best moderate/value resort when taking 3, 17-18 year old boys to WDW

Last year DH and I told DS16 we would take him on a WDW spring break trip for his senior year of HS in 2022. We gave him the choice of taking 2 friends and staying in a value or moderate or he could take no friends and we would stay at WL with CL. He chose the CL trip.

Now that he has been separated from his friends for weeks he is really missing them and is now saying he would prefer to bring his friends and stay at a value or moderate. So now I am researching both versions of the trip. We have only stayed at WL, but I can’t take extra people and pay for 2 rooms there, so we will stay at a value or moderate. DS and 1 friend will both be 18 by our trip, the other friend will be 17. I assume that I will help them with FP planning and have some ADR’s all together, but they will likely want to do their own thing sometimes.

I was thinking for ease of transportation we could try either POP or CBR. Personally I want to try POFQ, but I don’t know if that will appeal to a group of teenage boys. Does anyone think one resort would be better than another for this type of trip?

How about a Cabin at Fort Wilderness? Transportation is not as convenient, but I think having a golf cart to get around the campground and resort area sounds fun.

1 Like

FWIW my teenage son loves CSR. It’s our favorite moderate resort. The pool there is huge and there are a good number of restaurant choices. He also likes POFQ (possibly because of the QS there that has beignets and a bacon cheeseburger he likes). I do think that CBR would be great if they are going out on their own because the Skyliner could get them to Epcot and HS easily.

2 Likes

++ @Dreamer … CSR would be my choice also. It may be classified as a Moderate but it has the feel of a Deluxe.

Wife and I enjoyed POP during our last trip but the 3rd and 4th occupant get a fold out murphy (table) bed which really cuts down on the space in the room.

2 Likes

I am going to add another vote for CSR.

2 Likes

My teen boy loves POFQ.

3 Likes

I too vote CSR. The skyliner is way too convenient. The food options are great. The staff are amongst my favourite on property.

Did you mean CBR? CSR is not on Skyliner…

1 Like

lol. Yes, CBR not CSR. My dyslexia kicks in and I get the acroynms wrong sometimes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree that the golf cart sounds fun, and I’d love to take my young nephews and do that sometime, but there is no way I can have the three chuckleheads (my son and his two best friends) in close quarters to me at night when I’m trying to sleep. I love them all like they are my own, but listening to them laugh and talk all night would make me cranky fast and I don’t want this to be “The trip where Gabe’s mom went crazy and told everyone to shut up that one night”. :rofl:

4 Likes

So lots of votes for CSR, I hadn’t considered that one. This is why I love this group, always lots of good suggestions. I had read a review somewhere stating that CSR wasn’t as good because it had a conference center and was more stuffy - this proves it’s always better to get reviews from other liners. I will start researching CSR as an option.

1 Like

Oh good, I always hear such rave reviews about this POFQ, I’d really like to try it. Luckily I have DD7 who is down to Disney anytime, so if we don’t make it there this trip, I know I will have a good travel partner for all of my future trips.

1 Like

We have never found CSR stuffy. It is a conference center, but there are plenty of families there too.

1 Like

Would the fitness center be something the boys would use?

I could see one of the boys having some interest, but I don’t think the other two would want to.

My faves are CBR and POR pre skyliner though

2 Likes

The one complaint I have heard about CBR is that it is so large, it’s difficult to navigate and the busses can be full when they get to the furthest stops. Have you had any issues with your stays?

1 Like

It’s been years since I was at CBR and yes from time to time the buses were full, but I am guessing with skyliner to two parks now, some of that has been alleviated. But maybe someone who has stayed there post skyliner can answer that