Best Grown Up restaurants outside the parks

Hi!

I finally convince my SO to do a second trip to Disney World! However, we booked past the 180days limit, so our top choices (Victoria and Albert, as well as Wanyama Safaris are fully booked.

If you had a choice of any fancy restaurants (espcially in the other hotels at DW), which one would you pick? We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, so I already booked Jiko, but any other suggestions is opened.

I am also opened to in parks restaurants, but we have an opened evening and I really wanted to know what you all thought!

I was seriously considering Artist Point (WL) for my dd’s birthday dinner. I ended up choosing a less fancy dinner and a fireworks cruise instead.

I still would love to go to Artist Point though!

Not a bad idea. But we are going when there very few fireworks nights, so I booked the dessert party for that night. Still a good idea though! I will keep Artist Point in mind!

You already picked my favorite signature–Jiko. I also really do like CG. We have had some great meals at Citricos. Yachtsman is a great choice for steak.

1 Like

I am curious about CG. We live in California (in LA, particularly) and dine out often AND go to Disneyland a lot, so I am a little curious about what they mean by California Grill! I will look at Citricos and Yachtsman.

Cali Grill, Flying Fish and they keep adding more and more restaurants to Disney Springs. You might like Tiffins in Animal Kingdom - good to read reviews

Actually that is a good question as to what makes CG so California.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of Flying Fish. I head there for day-of-arrival dinner nearly every trip!

1 Like

California Grill
Jiko
Flying Fish
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Morimoto Asia
The Boathouse
Shula’s
Il Mulino

2 Likes

For a hotel restaurant, I would suggest the Yachtsman. Their steaks are excellent. They have a good wine list. The restaurant itself looks like it’s trapped in the 1990’s with it’s decor, but the food and service was great. At Disney Springs, I would suggest the Boathouse. It’s our favorite signature out there. Service at peak times is great. Service late at night (after park closing) can be extremely slow. They have live music at night that’s good, but not so loud that you can’t have a conversation at your table. Nice wine and cocktail list.

1 Like

Another vote for Flying Fish.

1 Like

Conspicuously missing from the other recommendations is Narcoossee’s at the Grand Floridian. If you can make the timing work out, you can catch the Electric Water Pageant while you are there.

1 Like

I might have to look that one up, especially for the live music!

1 Like

Boathouse all the way👍

3 Likes