Best Fastpasses per Park?

Planning a December trip here. My wife’s health means we’ll have to do the attractions “in order.” Does anyone have tips on which “direction” to do each park, and which attractions we ought to try to get Fastpasses for?

Basically, we can’t go back and forth across the park, even if the Plan says it’s efficient. We have to minimize walking as best as possible, and we only have one day per park. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Put the plan in an order that works for you, evaluate it to get times, and choose FPs based on that.

4 Likes

I would start with your ‘must do’ attractions/meals and go in whatever order makes sense with that. Once you make a custom TP, it will suggest which FP you should get.

I do not zig zag around the parks but fully utilize FPP. I start by putting in all my rides, selecting the “minimize walking” option and then I “optimize”. After that, I go back in and rearrange the couple of things that don’t make sense from a walking perspective. Basically clustering rides in lands if they weren’t already.

At this point only use the “evaluate” option to keep your order. Now I check on TP’s recommendations for FP.

For this level of personalization use the website, not the app. Also, note that TP assumes you will watch parades or fireworks from the hub. So be aware it always has you leaving (say frontierland) to watch the parade when you might just stay where you are.

Finally, for MK, I recommend doing a seperate TP for each of the lands (maybe cluster some of them, frontierland with adventureland or liberty square with fantasyland) ). This way you can optimize the land without creating a zig zag. You can play with the arrival times for each land to see the best order (i.e. if you rope drop tomorrowland is that better than rope dropping fantasyland etc.)

Good luck! The tool works many different ways. But it does take time to get it to work best for you!

Finally, for MK, I recommend doing a seperate TP for each of the lands (maybe cluster some of them, frontierland with adventureland or liberty square with fantasyland) ). This way you can optimize the land without creating a zig zag.

That’s a great idea. Wish I’d thought of it a month and a half ago, when I first found this place :slight_smile:

The advice that I’ve read, which I applied to my own plans for November, is that Tomorrowland is pretty easy to ride standby from 900-1000 or so, so if you care about those attractions you can do a lot of stuff in a short amount of time. And if you don’t care about this area, knock out Space Mountain and move on.

Don’t forget that you can use the train to move between lands too. One of the paths I explored was hitting Tomorrowland early, moving counterclockwise into Fantasyland for 7DMT, Barnstormer and Ariel, then catching the train all the way around to Frontierland for Splash and Big Thunder, then walking down into Adventureland. (We’re skipping Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Philharmagic, Small World)

Re: FP+ priority, our FP+ window opened at the start of September and even at the very beginning we were unable to get our “ideal” spot for 7DMT. I’m still tweaking the plan here and there and it’s been relatively easy to switch up my times for Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, Pirates, etc, but 7DMT hasn’t had any open spots that I’ve seen. You might want to put together multiple plans, one with 7DMT in the morning, afternoon, and evening. Schedule that pass first and then pick the rest of them accordingly. That way you’re not scrambling to adjust your TP at the last minute when you don’t get your ideal pick.

I don’t know what sort of health conditions your wife has, but Disney has a really nice disability program that you might want to look into. It basically lets you “check in” for a ride and then come back at a designated time, depending on the current standby wait time. This doesn’t necessarily let you skip any lines, but it could make the trip less exhausting for her by allowing you to spend the waiting time in the shade or off your feet somewhere.

It never even occurred to me to create a TP per land. That’s a genius idea!

There are some downsides, having to play around with times and you can’t get an overall recommendation for FPP. So then I play around with, what happens if I FPP which ride. A big time investment for sure, but worked well for me on a CL 10 day when I couldn’t RD! And it is fun.