Best Disney World resorts

You are dead to me.

1 Like

I have a similar wall in my room, does that help at all?

No. It make me want to burn my house down.

1 Like

Not impressive, blech.

1 Like

Dead to me.

Because i agreed with you? You are totally re-writing the human interaction rules here :blush:

1 Like

Oh. I thought you were being cruel about my tasteful bedroom design. @heidelj (may he RIP) twisted my mind against you. My apologies. He would apologise also, but he’s dead.

5 Likes

You are forgiven. The Poly trauma is clearly a long-standing burden. I know people who help with PTSD if Disney P(oly)PTSD warrants.

4 Likes

It’s too soon to talk to someone about it. It was summer 2018 and it’s too raw right now to process properly.

3 Likes

Ugh this Poly discussion is tough, I wanted to go there next jan as I’ve never been. Transportation wise its one of the best with the MK boat and T&T Center + monorail. And I like the concept very much, but will the rooms be a bummer?

To be honest, none of the deluxe resort rooms are that exciting in terms of rooms style and ambiance, they all have the exact same layout so basically what makes a difference is the materials and colors used and when they’ve upgraded.

So, if at Poly they are even by these standards shabby, then I’m not that excited.

1 Like

I have to totally agree with you! I loe POFQ, I’d also add that the staff is awesome there!!!

3 Likes

First resort on property
Polynesian - awesome resort. Huge room, great Mousekeeping, fun pool, close to both parks. Just left the rental in the lot and used the monorail. Oh yeah, 1988.
Next up - Caribbean Beach Resort. Ugh. Tiny rooms. Small beds. HUGE resort. Main pool not open. So not like the photos in the Planning Magazine. Bus service was great, tho.
Beach Club - now this is more like it. Rooms are still small compared to Poly but the bed is better. Love being right next to Epcot. Cape May and Stormalong Bay are great. Boat service is slow
Wilderness Lodge - love the compactness of the resort but why did we wait till the last day to look at all the wood carvings? The theming rocks. We like the boats, the geyser, altho the pool is a bit dull.
Yacht Club - the longer walk home from Epcot at night is offset by the stop at Beaches and Cream. Otherwise it’s kinda Beach Club with different colors. Boats are still slow.
Fort Wilderness - best campground ever. And we’ve been to a few. Even paid as much or more for a much tinier site in other campgrounds. Comfort Stations are impressive. Having to take an internal bus to go pretty much anywhere is slow to annoying. One return home in the wee hours after a hard ticket MK event we waited over an hour for our internal bus. Really got to know the other internal bus drivers. We could have walked the less than half mile to our campsite with no problem but we were being silly. Eventually one of the other internal buses changed his color and took us home. We speculated our bus was abducted by aliens.
Fort Wilderness again - are we crazy? Maybe. This time we came equipped with bikes and a golf cart. Well, an adult trike as well. Much better experience. Best campground ever.
Old Key West - 2 bedroom. More room than my house almost and certainly more room than our camper. Buses were annoying. Partly because our bldg was like the last stop. This was also the first trip we really had transport delays due to ECVs (2008). Not crazy about the restaurant choices here.
Polynesian - horrible resort. Dark ugly rooms. Lazy housekeeping. Wow. Only good things were Electric Boat Parade and fireworks every night. Well, better restaurants. Don’t ever expect to come back to this resort except to eat. (Split stay with OKW)
Wilderness Lodge Villas - CBR deja vue all over again. This 2 br is nothing like the OKW 2br. But the food choices are better. As well as only one bus stop. And the boats. Roaring Fork is so far our fav CS in WDW.
POR Royal Guest Room I think they’re called. Since they had queens we thought we’d try a moderate again. Room was fine. Bit of a hike to the food but good choices there. Bus was ok. One morning we saw every other parks’ bus multiple times. Even when we finally saw our park of the day’s bus it was nearly empty. Coming home we’d exit at the first stop and walk over the bridge rather than ride around the whole resort. So we’d get on the bus at the last bus stop and get off at the first. It’s like almost more important than view.
Boardwalk Inn Villa - 2 br this time with a lock off. And a preferred location. Gosh we love the Epcot area. Bus must have been ok - barely remember it. Pizza slices. Boardwalk area at night. Gosh.
Caribbean Beach Resort - military room only deal we couldn’t refuse and really, we liked our room. Liked Jamaica. The central area was under construction so we weren’t even miles from food. It was blazing hot 4th of July so we chilled in our room. Bus was always good. Love the bus arrival being on MDE.

Next up - Coronado Springs in December. Hopefully. Want to stay in the Ranchos area. Not holding our breath tho. But hopeful.

Favorite resort? That’s like your favorite kid.

Depends.

3 Likes

This should probably be in the “I Have A Confession” topic, but I think it will fit here just as well.

Since 1976 I have stayed at, multiple times each, CR Poly GF AS-Sport AS-Music CSR POP AK-Kidani. Poly became my go to in the 80’s because of the available transportation options.

My confession is … I’m now siding with @sanstitre_has_left_the_building. I would have to get my rooms at the Poly for free to stay there again. It’s old, dark, cramped and the staff is far less hospitable than they were in the 80’s.

My favorite going forward is budget for the Poly, book at CSR or AK, and use the money saved to ride Uber or Minnie Vans to make up for the lesser available transportations options.

4 Likes

If I checked in at CSR and they said “Congratulations! We’re upgrading you to the Poly!” I’d decline.

5 Likes

This part has me wondering.

For December, we have ONE night in the Contemporary. A splurge indeed, but I also splurged for the theme park view. The idea was that we could watch the fireworks from our balcony, not to mention looking over at Tomorrowland lights at night.

But WHAT IF (and yes, this is still in the conjecture phase) Disney decides to drop the fireworks for a while to encourage social distancing? Is the extra money for the theme park view still worth it?

Of course, I’m not sure what I can do about it. If I try to switch to a non theme park view room, and they do fireworks, I’ll be sorry. But if I wait until I know for sure, and they DON’T do fireworks, there might not be any lake view rooms left to switch to.

Okay. Maybe it is better if I just didn’t think about it.

2 Likes

Can I show you my lake view at night?

7 Likes

It is beautiful…and I suppose it is still worth it. But did you mean to say lake view? (Or was that in BLT?)

Anyhow, thanks for the reminder that the view is more than the fireworks for sure. :slight_smile:

1 Like

BLT lake view- we never watched the fireworks from there but you can see that!

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

8010 or similar by chance?

2 Likes