Best Disney World resorts

wait, where is AKL?

2 Likes

Oh, I’ve also been to —

RR
No wow factor. Feels like they really cheaped out to build it. Then somehow decided to charge loads for the rooms. Topolino is like a poor man’s (i.e. me) CG. But, Skyliner. Terrible logo. And the whole place is grey for some reason.

1 Like

Whoops. I said AK, rather than AKL. Corrected now.

Edit: Oh. You mean the ranking. Good point.

2 Likes

so, where? Not that you are my Disney North Star or anything, purely intellectual interest

2 Likes

Where else have I stayed, do you mean?

Nowhere famous.

But here, for example:

That’s right. It had a private hot-tub on the wrap-around roof-top balcony.

I don’t know why there were two toilets. Please don’t ask. But look how big the bath is.

Yes, it had a view.

All that, plus three course dinner and huge cooked breakfast, for less than one night at the dismal Poly.

8 Likes

Either one is a bidet or it’s so you can hold hands with your special someone while sharing a moment.

2 Likes

Do you know, I don’t think I ever looked. I just picked one and stuck with it.

2 Likes

It seems kind of far away for a bidet. I’ve only been in one or 2 hotel rooms with them, and it seems like a long way to waddle.

1 Like

In the interests of fairness, I thought I should post a photo of my room at the Poly. You can make your own minds up. Don’t take my word for it.

aca24e1d29899ca06c3451f964f100bd--victorian-prison-victorian-era

7 Likes

Did you pay more for the artisanal tile walls?

2 Likes

I was going to add that the “joke” photo was not a fair comparison, as that jail cell has some nice design flourishes. Looks cleaner, too.

1 Like

I loved the cozy-ness of this resort

2 Likes

OK, I’ll play fair. Here it is.

Are you crushed by its soulless tedium and emptiness?

Admire the charming well-worn carpet. And delightful toothpaste green sofa. Such clever design. The way none of it fits together nicely.

2 Likes

Look at all that natural light!

It kind of looks like the room Maurice was kept in at the Beast’s castle. Theme room!

3 Likes

I’d probably be ok with that room, but then again its always been a dream of mine to stay at the Poly. I love the resort itself.

1 Like

I paid over $600 for one night in it. Still OK with it?

3 Likes

I believe that’s called eclectic. I assumed you would know something about style :grin:

not really… thats probably why it will always be just a dream. I can’t imagine spending that much, when there are other options. Same reason I’ve never stayed at the Disneyland Hotel here in Ca. Just can’t justify the cost.

3 Likes

Like this, you mean?

1 Like

Is that another room at Poly?