Best Dining at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort?

Is there a dining experience and DPVR that would entice you away from having a meal inside MK?

We’re interested in checking out the latest renovations to this resort, and wonder if grabbing a meal there would be a good use of time.

Thanks!

I believe any meal, at any monorail resort, is better than any meal in MK. But, at Poly, Kona is one of my favorites.

For me, I will hop on the monorail and go to Poly just to stop at Captain Cook’s. I also love Kona and 'Ohana (although it is difficult to get). Very easy to do!

I have a secret love affair with the pork nachos at capt cooks… Don’t tell anyone… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t leave MK for Captain Cooks, but we really enjoy Kona. Sushi, booze, decent kids meals, we’re happy.

Thanks for all of the feedback!! Sounds like there are a couple of options worthy of the effort to get there.

I appreciate the knowledge sharing. :slight_smile:

I’m just back from a stay at the Polynesian and wasn’t able to try Kona. But I would for sure leave the MK for 'Ohana. And, we had a night where we had planned to eat at a quick service somewhere in the MK for dinner and ended up sticking around for Captain Cook’s instead. We found one or two places in the MK almost comparable (Columbia Harbor House, for one). But in the end, the healthiest and tastiest variety was at Captain Cook’s. Would I leave the MK for it specifically? Probably not…but if I wanted a break from the MK and was looking for something tasty, the pineapple and chicken skewers kid’s meal sure did it for me!

1 Like