Best date night restaurants near Universal

We are doing 2 days at WDW and 2 days at Universal (mostly for HP) in mid-February. We are fortunate to have my mom coming with us who has volunteered to stay with the kids so that we can have a couple of date nights! I’ve spent all my time pre-planning for Disney meal options, but haven’t done a thing for Universal. We will be staying at Cabana Bay so we’re open to any restaurants in CityWalk or at the resorts. We will not have a car, though we can Uber/Lyft if needed. We are definitely foodies. We will try any kinds of cuisine. We’re not big fans of chain restaurants but okay if upscale/higher quality. Any suggestions?

IMHO - The best “date night” places in CityWalk are VIVO Italian Kitchen & Bigfire

Plus, it’s like Disney Springs…you can stroll around and snack or get cocktails at places like Fat Tuesday, Bend the Bao, Stone Cold Creamery or even an “Instagrammable” Toothsome’s Monster Shake from the quick service counter.

2 Likes

Definitely Mama Della’s Ristorante at Portofino Bay. It’s a nice relaxing atmosphere with live music and great food at a reasonable price. Stroll around and explore the harbor which has some of the nicest scenery in all of Universal. Use the water taxi, you can access it at Sapphire Falls which is the neighbor hotel to Cabana Bay.

3 Likes

We really liked Antojitos, if you like Tex-Mexican flavors.

1 Like

We are at Mama Della’s in December, just me and DS13. They had a a singer (and guitarist maybe? I can’t remember). He asked each table what they wanted him to sing. DS said it was their choice. He jumped right into singing the theme song from Spiderman. Made our night!

At The Kitchen in August, they had a magician. DS still talks about him too. (I realize this doesn’t answer your question about date night, but the hotel restaurants really are nice options!)

3 Likes

Bice at Portofino and The Palm at Hard Rock are fine dining and great date nights.

Off property I don’t have many suggestions that don’t involve going into Orlando proper. Ravenous Pig is fantastic.

1 Like

Another vote for Bice at Portofino. Haven’t been there since 2011, but had a great date night there with my husband before we had kids!

1 Like

I’d be hesitant to leave UO! Our experience when we tried to do dinner in Orlando one night was that the restaurants were severely under staffed. We had great service experiences at City Walk!

3 Likes