Best counter service in Disney Springs?

We traditionally eat at Boathouse in Disney Springs the evening on our AK day. Would like to try sometime less expensive, but still good food and fun for our next trip in Jan. Looking at Polite Pig, Chicken guy or any others? We have a Blaze pizza locally. Thanks!

1 Like

Haven’t tried Chicken Guy yet (that’s the plan of record for our upcoming trip), but I really really enjoyed the food from Polite Pig from our last trip.

1 Like

Polite Pig looks and smells delicious. They are always busy and I’ve never heard a bad review. Chicken Guy is better than average chicken tenders and tons of delicious sauce options. Earl of Sandwich is another favorite that is always busy.

3 Likes

We loved Chicken Guy so much we went twice on our last trip. I wanted to try Polite Pig, but the kids over-ruled me in favor of Chicken Guy. Polite Pig does smell amazing, though! I’m not a huge fan of Earl of Sandwich but it’s okay.

4 Likes

Isn’t there a Jose Andres QS in DS? I would like to try that as well. I looked it up and it’s called Pepe!

3 Likes

I like EoS for the price…and you can get cheap desserts there…but the food isn’t nearly the same caliber as PP!

3 Likes

I’ve been looking at counter service options for our DS day coming up and I think Pepe might have closed down? MDE has a red closed on the listing but I can’t find anything else about it.

2 Likes

It looks like it’s only open Friday - Sunday. And Friday it doens’t open until 4:00 PM.

https://www.disneysprings.com/dining/pepe-by-jose-andres/

If you click on different days it shows weekdays closed and weekends open.

3 Likes

I’ve only had Earl of Sandwich and Chicken Guy but they were both really good!

2 Likes

We like Polite Pig and I was just there yesterday and walked right up to a register to place my order; dont’ miss the brussel sprouts. Another place to try is Deluxe Burgers. You can actually do a MO at DB. Their shakes and regular burgers are really good. And they have lovely seating outside near the water and views of Homecoming and the balloon.

6 Likes

Yes!

Basic fast food chicken but pretty good

Same. Good, but I’m not going to DS for it

I would most strongly recommend Polite Pig

3 Likes

I’m going to read this out loud to my DH. We’ll be in search of counter-service lunch at DS on our first day (TEN DAYS AWAY, BUT WHO’S COUNTING?), and D’Luxe is on our short list. Polite Pig and Morimoto Asia’s counter-service are also on the list, but I’m really hankering for a burger.

(I’ll also be making a sojourn to Sprinkles for some Salty Caramel cupcakes. I.Can’t.Wait. I can almost taste that salty buttery frosting just thinking about it!)

9 Likes

That’s exciting!!

4 Likes

Nice!

will you be visiting w/ your cheeky son? (we love reading about your son and envy of this job )

4 Likes

Very, very much! He’s going to be our Animal Kingdom guide on our first day in a park, and he’ll be joining us on my birthday (HS and MK) and our last day in a park (Epcot). I hope. Fingers crossed. His work schedule for that week hasn’t been released yet.

6 Likes

How wonderful, can’t wait to read/hear all about it!

2 Likes

Is it the son who is cheeky?
I thought it was the Mama

2 Likes

HOW DARE YOU. I am cut to the quick! :sweat:

4 Likes

You’ll be fine.

2 Likes

You are correct. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes