Best Beach?

We’re considering adding just a couple days at the beach after Disney. We’ve done the gulf side plenty of times and are thinking of doing the Atlantic side. What’s the best beach? We just want to relax. Cocoa beach? Melbourne? Daytona? New Smyrna?

3 Likes

Whatever one is filled with palapas.

14 Likes

We had planned on New Smyrna for the Florida trip that didn’t happen over New Years. There are plenty of AirBnBs/VRBOs there if that is what you are looking for.

3 Likes

I wonder if that would come up on a google search?:thinking:

2 Likes

I’m thinking hotel with beach access and rental access (umbrellas, chairs).

2 Likes

Not sure about those, you know we need a 3-4 bedroom place when we all travel together. :rofl:

2 Likes

True. And you know I’ll cram the four of us in one room. :rofl:

3 Likes

No. We are too old for that. Unless the 1 room is actually a 4 bedroom.

3 Likes

:joy: My kids are probably too old for that as well but they’ll have to deal.

4 Likes

If mom and dad are paying for it they can deal. If I’m paying I’m just getting my own place.

4 Likes

Not sure my kids are at that point yet.

4 Likes

I like Daytona better than Cocoa or Melbourne. But I prefer gulf side over Atlantic too. My kids went to Hangar bch almost every day they were here visiting b/c they didn’t have to pay for parking or hike far to get to the water; it’s owned by PSFB. Patrick SFB has some beach houses for rent (TLF). Disney Vero beach?

ETA: Hangar bch is open to the public

4 Likes

PSFB cottages are near by that beach too, but they are on the water

2 Likes

3 Likes

It’s a little bit far, but I went to St. Augustine on the way home from WDW once and their beaches were awesome. Lots of wide open beachfront, but not too far from the fun college town part of the city either.

2 Likes

St Augustine is beautiful! Beaches are SO lovely too.

3 Likes

I liked Gulf side so much better too.

3 Likes

I didn’t know about Hangar beach. Thanks.

1 Like

That might be a possibility if we drive.

1 Like

I think it was only 2-2.5 hours from WDW. Not bad at all.

2 Likes