Best backpacks for Disney

This is what I use as a backpack with an extra change of clothes for the little one, wet wipes, hand sanitizer, battery charger, etc.

2 Likes

I like these sling bags. You can access them without stopping and taking pack off easily by rotating the bag.

The other bag I use is an Eddie Bauer 20L stowaway backpack (on sale now)

20L Stowaway

1 Like

I always bring clothes my kids 5 and 2. But you never know… what I packed was a pair of like cotton gym type shorts and a t. Put in a ziplock. Didn’t take up much space.

I would definitely recommend a two strapped bag with two pockets at the most. It will help distribute the load more evenly and avoid chaffing of your shoulder. This is essential if you’re lugging water bottles and heavy stuff. No more than two pockets because they look in every pocket at security. Every. Single. Pocket. You’ll go insane with many pockets.
As with shoes… go with a broken in bag, something you’ve already used and kinda liked.
And, while I don’t use it, my DM definately recommends taking a small towel. Nothing above a face towel though, just something to wipe your face, maybe give your hair a rub after KRR, wipe off the bench in F!
If you can lug the change of clothes around, I’d say go for it at MK due to Casey’s and at AK due to KRR. At HS and Epcot I don’t think it’s necessary. If you’re staying onsite I’d just go back to the hotel and change before wet clothes rubbing sets in.
Does everyone in your family really use the sunglasses? I’d leave just two inside the bag and share.

2 Likes

Yes on the towel & change of clothes. I carry a Dakine Eve brand backpack. It has an insulated lunch pocket in the front. It is a full size backpack.

I just bought this bag for our trip in May! I’m glad to see a good review on here!

I’ve been looking at this type, as I want the side pockets for water bottles and the side straps for jumpers. I’m concerned that they aren’t small enough in their folded form to fit in my pocket?

Sorry not sure what you are asking about being folded. Are you asking about the bag when it’s collapsed and folded? If so it wouldn’t fit in your pocket but isn’t much bigger either.

1 Like

This is the bag I got for our trip. I really like it. Considering buying another just to “have.”

How much can you fit in these sling bags?

A lot . It is 15 liter capacity. Two raincoats rolled, two umbrellas, 4 water bottles, two cooling towels, power banks, sunglasses, and phone in shoulder strap.

1 Like

I use my Burton Bag…its actually a board bag…but its pretty versatile. 1. They have a lifetime warranty. 2. There are elastic mesh pockets on both sides for quick access to phones/water bottles. 3. There’s velcro straps on the front, so if I wear my raincoat, I can hang it off the front of my bag instead of back in the bag with dry stuff. This one is pretty close to the one I have. → Burton Treble Yell Backpack | Burton.com Fall 2019 US

Thanks for all the feedback!! After researching everyone’s suggestions I ended up ordering @thekid sling backpack suggestion. I really appreciate everyone on this forum!

I got my WDW backpack on sale at Target for less than $3!:flushed: but it’s just a plain, gray canvas backpack. Works for me. A few front pockets as well as the main section. I carried snacks, lunch some days, and soft drinks with ice packs.

I’ve used this one on several trip as well. Wish it had a little more form but it ways nothing and I like the side pockets for drinks and convenient pockets. Wish I could so a cross body but just cannot pull it off.

1 Like

@quicha Haha, yes we are sunglass people! My 4 yr old and 7 yr old will fight over them if we only have 1 kid size pair :slight_smile:

LL Bean makes a stowaway backpack. I think it’s more comfortable than the Bauer version but it’s around $50.

I had an LL Bean stowaway that was only used on two Disney trips. On our return flight I noticed it was failing. I replaced it with the EB ones on sale for $15 plus shipping.

Oh but of course! They’ll both need the sunglasses at exactly the same time every time. Even if it’s inside the Haunted Mansion! 4 pairs it is then! :wink:

LL Bean has a life time warranty right? So you can just bring it back.

LL Bean doesn’t have a lifetime warranty anymore. After 12 months they will consider an item for return for certain reasons with receipt

1 Like