Behind the Attraction on Disney+

I don’t know how some of you folks don’t like this series. It’s hilarious and fun and informative!

And also Joe Rohde in this ToT episode.

Love it!!

3 Likes

Thank you! You get it.

1 Like

I think I finally recall the show style they are mimicking…

The Movies That Made Us

or

The Toys That Made Us

3 Likes

Based on the first two episodes, I will say two out of three. Hilarious, though? I didn’t laugh even once. I guess I don’t find silly hilarious. Maybe the humor improves. Three more episodes to go still.

But fun and informative, definitely. Overall I have enjoyed it and learned a lot. Just wish the silly factor was dropped and spent more time on the details.

I will withhold final judgment, however, until after I see the last three. Even if the silly aspect remains, I will like it and long for more, I am sure.

2 Likes

When the credits rolled by I though I saw the Executive Producer was Dwayne Johnson. A quick check of IMDB and sure enough he gets the credit. More interesting is that IMDB lists season 1 as having 10 episodes.

1 Like

I just got sucked into watching The Movies that Made us haha!!
You’re right, it’s kinda the same genre

2 Likes

I finally watched an episode of this the other night (not remembering that you made this comment) and immediately connected why the style was so familiar and remembered you said this. Totally the same style. It was super annoying in The Movies That Made Us once I realized it was a thing.

Really weird that fascinating facts and interviews aren’t considered enough to hold the audience’s attention so they feel the need to add goofy humor?

That said, Behind the Attraction is great and I’ll keep watching it. It doesn’t need the goofy humor though.

5 Likes

We finished all 5 and are sad there aren’t yet more

3 Likes

Finished the third one. I actually laughed three times…still didn’t like the silly humor, but there were three actual jokes thrown in.

Excited to see the final two.

3 Likes

Just finished watching all five. It was slightly annoying, but it fed the inner Walt geek inside me.

2 Likes

Which one was the third one? I think that’s the one we had just watched when I said it was hilarious. Te one with the deadpan imagineer who kept saying something like “that was me. It was me”
:joy::joy:

2 Likes

Star Tours

2 Likes

I’ve watched two episodes so far and I have to agree with those who are not a fan of the style/tone they went with here. I still found the episodes very interesting and will watch all of them probably

1 Like

I accidentally binged the entire season on the first day. I only meant to watch one or two while I cooked dinner, but they kept rolling on and I never hit the “menu” button to stop them! I agree, I immediately was reminded of “The Movies that Made Us” series. I wish the style was different, but I still enjoyed it. My kids really liked the style, it kept them more interested than “Imagineering” did.

I saw It’s a Small World in the preview, and it has references in the opening sequence, so I’m assuming they are going to release more

2 Likes

We were gearing up for our trip and just got back - so watched my first episode last night as I sat on the couch zombie-like recuperating from our 20 hour drive.

Man, too many fast cuts and non-stop dialog. Slow it down, editors, slow it down.

6 Likes

Five more episodes coming August 25th!

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1428778951711756289?s=21

6 Likes

Most ex!!!

1 Like

Oh yeah. Just watched this last night.

Even when you know Rolly delivers the unexpected, he still does the unexpected.

1 Like

Season 2 was just announced and is premiering November 1st on Disney+!!!

https://www.wdwmagic.com/wdwmagic-plus/disneyplus/news/04oct2023-behind-the-attraction-season-2-coming-to-disney-goes-behind-the-scenes-of-pirates-of-the-caribbean,-big-thunder-mountain,-epcot,-and-more.htm

Attractions to be covered in season 2 include:

• Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Indiana Jones Adventure
  • EPCOT
  • Food (one video shows Dole Whip)
  • Nighttime Spectaculars
6 Likes

The Trailer:

4 Likes