Before going to WDW, I wish I would have

I only used Uber for years. I learned real quick at SSR!

2 Likes

We took a Lyft/Uber from AKL to HS on our trip (3x) because I didnā€™t trust the buses to get us there in time. (It probably would have been fine.) I think we used both on different days. I had ordered a Lyft one day and it was taking forever, so I cancelled and order an Uber instead. Sometimes itā€™s about the timing. Sometimes itā€™s about the price. That being said, AKL is pretty easy for pickup. Thereā€™s really only two places - Jambo or Kidani - so we didnā€™t have issues with that.

2 Likes

We were in WDW December 2019, preCovid.

We had no issues getting dropped off at the Contemporary Resort by our 2 different Lyft drivers. Based on advice here, I was prepared to say we were having breakfast at Contempo Cafe, since it doesnā€™t require a reservation. Both times we showed up at the gate, the driver said he was doing a drop off. The guard looked at the driverā€™s license and waved us in. Since we didnā€™t need breakfast, I just had the drivers drop us off in the parking lot immediately to the left of the guard. For pick up, at the Contemporary, it is at the front of the resort. So, you do have to walk up the hill.

Our 3 rides to/from the Contemporary to the Hilton at Bonnet Creek were between $8-$12. Then we added a tip. The $8 was for one morningā€™s 7 AM pick up. The $12 was for after fireworks pick up. We had to wait 30 minutes for that pick up (High demand). Most pick ups were immediate to 10 minutes.

1 Like

We spent about $120 on Lyft for the 10 days we were in WDW in December. We had no issues paying for it to save time and for us, $120 is not that big of a deal. Lyft was very convenient, too. I have never taken Lyft before WDW but felt totally safe doing so at WDW.

However, DB, even though he too has no issues paying, will NOT pay for Lyft. Itā€™s a matter of principle for him to take the Disney Transportation, which is included in his resort/ticket cost.

Then, I also know people who really do pinch pennies to get a vacation to WDW for their families. $10 to them means doing without somewhere else or it could mean revamping a couple of meals when they go home to absorb the $10. The finance gymnastics can be challenging. Yes, they could save longer but their children are getting olderā€¦

Then, you have DHā€™s coworker who charges everything he and his family wants on vacation and pays for it over the next year.

1 Like