Beaches Turks and Caicos

Anyone been?? Heading here in March and I am wondering about snorkeling- I know it’s included, but I am wondering if it’s just right off the resort beach or if they take you out via boat to a site. It looks like they take scuba divers out and I know there are optional excursions for extra $$, but don’t want to pay if no need! Thanks!

So we were in Turks and Caicos recently and stayed at the Sands which is down the beach from the Beaches resort less than 1/4 of a mile and we walked down past it several times. I don’t believe there is much “good” snorkeling right off the beach at Grace bay in front of the Beaches or any of the resorts. The coral right off the beach is mostly dead. We did take a snorkeling excursion arranged by our hotel. The boat picks you up directly in front of the hotel off the beach which was nice. But I have to warn you that they took us to coral in the middle of the ocean… My kids who were then 9 and 11 had to jump off the boat into a choppy ocean wearing a flotator like device. They are decent swimmers but I as a mother was not comfortable. I would imagine that any snorkeling included at the Beaches maybe(but not for certain) offers a similar experience because it seems like Turks and Caicos regulates their coral very closely due to all the erosion. Hope this is helpful.

That does help and makes sense! Thanks for your insight!