Beach Club Villa - dinner rec for first night?

My sister is going to be arriving with her family - husband and three kids 5 and under. They are going to land at 5ish and will then be taking transport. I won’t arrive with my husband (and our parents) until after dinner time. Trying to think of an easy dinner for them. We’re at the Beach Club villas - and I’ve never stayed there before.

I know hard to get - but would Beaches and Cream be easy or hectic if I can get it for them? What about ordering in? I don’t have kiddos so parents let me know what you prefer with little ones on that arrival night?

1 Like

Beaches and Cream would be great if you can get it. But you need to work out what time to book for. Maybe try for that later during their stay.

Otherwise I would suggest they head over to the Dolphin and go to Picabu, which is QS so no reservation required. And they don’t need to worry about making an ADR time.

1 Like

I would also suggest Ale and Compass take out. They might need to grab a slot earlier in the day but can complete the order that night.

2 Likes

I would go with a no-ressies option. Either do as @Nicky_S suggests or order in. Airlines have been terrible lately and I would not count on that 5pm landing and use it for making reservations of any sort. One small slip and you’re sunk.

The pizza window at Boardwalk might be a nice idea. Someone could saunter over there to pick up a pie or two and you could all eat in the villa as you arrive.

After travel, I prefer the least fussy thing I can do. Travel is exhausting.

4 Likes

Especially since you are in a villa with a table and the space, ordering in sounds like the perfect option. Pizza from the boardwalk would be great. If you want to walk over for ice cream later that is a fun option too.

1 Like

That’s a great idea and for ease might be what we go for - I just checked it out on the website. Is it a TS that you can order takeout from or is it a QS? I’ve never step foot on YC or BC property (can’t wait!) so haven’t seen it.

It is table service that you can order take out.

1 Like

Awesome - I’m thinking that that along with the Pizza Window (does appear to be open) would be great options. They can pick based on if the kids are ready for downtime or if they want to go on a walk and explore a bit.

THANKS EVERYONE!!! (Liners are the best - and my mom just watched this all happen in minutes and is so impressed) :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That is also a great option for take out! I always forget you can get it as a takeout order.

2 Likes

The pizza window at BW also has mobile ordering.

5 Likes

I also have not adapted to the TS takeout options yet!

1 Like

We stayed at BCV in July. YMMV, but all the mobile orders for the pizza window were gone by the time we were ready for dinner.

This may be unpopular, but my kids loved the marketplace (the QS / gift shop in the hotel). You can mobile order or just go pick up.

There is also a bar / QS option at the pool. When we were there, they were advertising just a few options but when we went to order they had more things they were serving

I don’t know what size villa you are staying in, but we were in a one bedroom which has a full kitchen. We ordered groceries through garden grocer and ate breakfast in the room every day and also ordered snacks and a few easy to make dinners (frozen lasagna, frozen pizza).

3 Likes

There are also a good number of full tables at Stormalong Bay, so whatever takeout option you choose you could eat by the pool. My kids love this!

1 Like

When did they add this? They didn’t offer mobile order in June but I really wished they did!

P.S. Pizza Window is my vote. So good and relatively cheap, and flexible with arrivals.

1 Like

You can book mobile orders first thing in the morning to avoid this happening. Just choose a window for when you’re fairly confident someone will be able to pick it up.

2 Likes