Beach Club / Stormalong bay closure

Booked a stay for Beach Club in 2025, starting May 31 and only for 4 nights before moving off campus for the rest of the trip. Just realized Stormalong bay will be under refurbishment from January through May. While I am somewhat confident it would be open for our stay, should I just plan to stay elsewhere? The pool being open would be a necessity for our stay. I would be concerned if the pool is delayed and closed for any part of our trip. Also, concerned that many people might delay their trips until the first week of June to avoid pool closure as well, meaning it’s extra busy.

Am I overthinking this? Or is it better to just book elsewhere. Other option I was considering was Contemporary, but Beach Club was option 1.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a wicked refub!

Since it’s a necessity I would say yes.

Totally had that thought as I was listening to a podcast discuss the closure. The entire rest of the year will be extra competitive for space and rooms because it will have been closed for so long.

I would 100% book elsewhere, especially given that the pool is mission-critical for you

3 Likes

Thanks. I think that’s the right course. Just gives me one less thing to check on and worry about in the months leading up to it.

2 Likes

I would book elsewhere but also would recommend renting DVC points if you are going to stay at a Deluxe! Paying cash for those high-demand rooms can significantly increase your cost compared to renting. Of course, if you want flexibility to move or cancel, paying cash is better.

2 Likes

I should look into it. I have looked at it in the past so I understand the basics of it but should compare the costs again. I do like the flexibility and paying Disney direct since I frequently buy and save up discounted gift cards. I should also note that I am hoping for a discount to be applied at some point. If one never comes, I would just as soon switch to something cheaper.

2 Likes

Thank you again for the suggestion. I don’t know why I glossed over this option again in my planning. Comparing, even if I saved up enough 10% discounted gift cards and got a 30% room discount, I’d still come out way ahead by renting DVC, and while the downside is being locked in, I over plan enough in advance that I think I’ll be OK with it. Think Polynesian is my new choice.

2 Likes

I love Poly! Great location and such a chill vibe. The pool is one of the best on property, though Storm-along Bay is hard to beat.

16 days and I will confirm or refute :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So exciting! Have fun!

1 Like

I’m so excited to be able to go to multiple parks without having to collapse a stroller.

3 Likes

An oft-overlooked and underrated benefit!

1 Like

They just extended the closure through June! Glad you decided to switch resorts

1 Like