Be Our Guest price raised

And this, along with several other reasons, is why I dream of living in the UK!

4 Likes

NICE MOVES!
Was this pre- ā€œMain street openā€ procedures?

And you havenā€™t even mentioned one of my pet peeves about living in the United States, and thatā€™s the unwillingness (medicine excepted) to switch to the Metric System!

1 Like

I thought the same thing!

We are as confused as you. Speed signs in mph, fuel consumption mpg, fuel soldā€¦in litres. Oil sold in gallons. Objects sold by weight in grams to tonnes but also by cwt, people weighed in stone and pounds. Height measured in feet and inches, shoe sizesā€¦no idea actuall. Area usually measured in metres but land sold in acresā€¦and then we have nautical milesšŸ˜•.

2 Likes

My job here in the US involves real estate law involving properties located in all 50 states which is (of course) all different, because God forbid a mortgage or credit card judgment in Florida expire after the same number of years as a mortgage or credit card judgment in Maine! It makes my head hurt everyday :laughing: I love America, but it gets weird over here sometimes.

1 Like

For what its worth, I heard ( this could be a rumor) that a lady put herself through nursing school as a server at cinderellaā€™s royal table, and still continued to work there every weekend, because she made more in tips than she did working as a registered nurse. So I can almost guarantee the servers at disney world are not hurting. I also was a server and worked my way through nursing school, so I am all for tipping but I still donā€™t think anyone should be forced to tip 20%. I was always grateful for anything over 15% and I think servers need to earn that tip. Also in California where I am from everyone gets the same minimum wage. servers are not paid a lesser wage here.

2 Likes