BCV or WLV?

We’re headed to WDW in October and had already booked our stay at BCV when the free dining plan came out. Currently there is no availability for the free dining in the 2 bedroom villas at BC. I was on the WDW site and saw that I can get the two bedroom villa at the Wilderness Lodge with the free dining. We’ve already made our dinner reservations but we wouldn’t have to modify much to change. I have a couple of questions; we’ve previously stayed at WL with an adult only trip and also at BC with our 2 year old. This year will be our now 4 year old and 2 year old. She loved the pool at BC and not sure what she’ll think of WL. What would everyone recommend? Also I liked being able to walk into Epcot and take the boat or walk to HS. Is the boat to MK from WL timely like the buses? Is the beach at WL nice for the kids?

Thanks!!

FD requires that you pay full rack rate… which is inordinate for a 2-br villa. You are almost certain to do better by using a RO discount if you can get one, especially if you can stack it with Orbitz.
I personally LOVE WL - the quiet DVC pool has bubbling springs and a beautiful serene atmosphere, there’s a new kids’ splash pad with small slides and water features, the main slide is mild and the big pool is fun. It’s a very compact resort so everything is close, and the DVC building is stunning, even nicer than the main lodge.
I’ve never been to SAB, but sounds incomparable, but also well suited to older kids more than small ones. We’re going this Septmeber to YC to be closer to Epcot/HS, but I LOVE WL if you want to be close to MK.

Thanks for the info. Beach Club and Yachtsman are great (the pool is awesome) but besides that the area is geared a little more adult. We also loved WL when we stayed there and I think the kids would enjoy it as well. I’ll keep watching to see if a package is available!