Bass Pro / Bluegreen 7 Night Deal?

Hey Liner friends. I hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving. I’ve missed you guys and I’ve missed being around this forum!

Question:

Has anyone ever tried the deal they sell at select Bass Pro Shops?

According to this salesperson, $999 gets you:
-7 nights at The Fountains, a Bluegreen resort in either a studio, 1 or 2-Bedroom Unit (its about 20 min from MK).
-2 MYW 3-day tix + Park Hopper… if you view a 2 hour timeshare presentation while you’re there.

This deal seems great, right? But, the whole timeshare thing makes me cautious.

Anyone out there ever use this deal? Have any of you ever stayed at The Fountains? I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

N

Hi! Are you trying to plan another trip? Exciting! I posted this a long time ago Can anyone tell me about the Fountains Resort?. Only one reply, but since that time my friend and his family stayed there and bought into the time share (warning- for what they paid they could have purchased DVC). They love it but it was a hard sell.

@PrincipalTinker, good to see you!
We are planning another trip, this time with extended family… and yes, it is exciting!

Thanks for the heads up. It sounds like they don’t hate The Fountains, which is at least good information to know.

1 Like

If you think the tickets are worth a few hours of your time, AND you have good sales resistance, that might be a good deal. However, if you are at all tempted, even in the slightest, at plunking down thousands, maybe tens of thousands, for a timeshare week … DON’T. The sales tactics can be very hard to resist - these folks are highly skilled at getting people to buy, and it’s not unknown for them to embellish or omit on factual information. Be aware also that even if you manage to say No once, they will come at you again with another package deal, often called an explorer vacation. Again, an awesome bargain, but with the requirement that you sit in on another sales presentation.

If you do think having a timeshare week or two would be nice, there are better ways, namely the resale market. We recently obtained a week in a 2 bedroom villa each year at the Sheraton Vistana Villages for free. Yes, free. And we can use that week there, or in other resorts in the Vistana network any time of the year. There are many other timeshare systems, some better than others, depending on your vacation style. There is a Timeshare Users Group forum where knowledgeable folk can provide tons of information.

This is just freely shared information, as we got snookered into making a developer purchase of a timeshare before we learned about resale. I have no skin in any game, but I understand if this kind of information isn’t allowed on here. Just trying to help fellow travelers.