Bank Error in Your Favor!

Oh, SO interesting now!

Yes, it shows as a credit under your dues. So the $5.27 was for my Boardwalk contract! I didn’t buy that until this year. I also have an $11 one for Saratoga! But I also only got one email so evidently Disney is picking and choosing who to notify. Lol.

2 Likes

1 Like

Hmm all that was there was this gif:
601321CC-F0B6-47EA-882E-593EE6FD8B4C

7 Likes

:rofl::sob:

The email does say

“impacted a small number of members who purchased through third party resales market in the first year of purchase from 2014 to 2019”

When did you buy direct?
When did you buy resale?

That may be why – you might not beimpacted

But I bought my Boardwalk like 2 months ago!

Ah, direct was 2018 and resale was 2020.

Oh well.

1 Like

Okay then I don’t know LOL

I mentioned in some other DVC thread that I tend to gloss over about the finer details of ownership.

Give me my points. I will use them. That’s all I care to know.

It’s actually a good thing that you’re not getting a refund since it means they didn’t screw you over to begin with :laughing:

1 Like

Wait. Maybe it simply reflects that taxes for that contract were overpaid. Perhaps the owner before you had bought resale in that time frame, and you are seeing the rebate?

I don’t know if that even makes sense.

1 Like

Oh, I get what you are saying, maybe! Lucky me then!

2 Likes

I got the email too. Also bought resale at SSR in 2018.

1 Like

I did get a second email overnight with my SSR refund in it. So they must be sending emails in batches or something. So odd.

1 Like

This is what I was thinking, and keeping my fingers crossed for me! Honestly I just want to be able to subtract some $$$ on my “true cost of a trip” spreadsheet.

You should be able to check in your account. But don’t get too excited! I can’t imagine that 5% of dues in one year will take more than a couple of cents off the true cost of a trip.

$12.85 baby! Those AKL taxes must have been way over! Because I only own 120 points. All right, that is 1% off my next dues. If I line my gift cards up right, maybe I can hit 10%…

2 Likes

We have 2 contracts and got one email yesterday and one today. I should be able to get Dole Whips for the whole family on that refund!

1 Like

Small family, eh? :smirk:

2 Likes

Yes, as evidenced by both the need for only two contracts and the ability buy Dole Whips for all of us with that meager credit. :wink:

1 Like