Balcony or Patio

I am trying to figure out my room request for YC in March and I’m wondering if most people prefer a balcony or patio? The room type I am in is available on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors. I’m torn because I think the higher level will give me a better view, but so many people seem to like patios. What say you?

Go for the better view

2 Likes

I like upper floors personally. Separately, I also like balconies better than patios. But I think those are both subjective.

3 Likes

Balcony. IDK why. I’ve had both and I like the balcony better

2 Likes

Ground = bugs

6 Likes

And snakes!

4 Likes

I love that we’re all on the same page! Balcony it is!

Team Balcony also. Totally subjective, but just feels cozier and more special than a patio on ground level. We liked our YC balcony last year.

3 Likes

If you have small kids who are runners, patios are a problem.

4 Likes

That would be my kids! I refuse to take a cruise because I’m convinced they will jump over the side of the ship!!

2 Likes

It was funny that your post came up today, because I need to call the Grand Cal and make sure the 2 bedroom I have for February 7-10 is on an upper floor for this very reason! It will be me and my niece and her family and her youngest (twins) are both runners!

1 Like

I am a balcony girl! I never realized I was until we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel 10 years ago, and I had no where to go to get away from the kids on their devices during our midday breaks. I don’t know if it’s an introvert thing or a claustrophobia thing but now I book us a balcony wherever we stay when possible.

1 Like

Omg yes. I travelled solo to Spain with my three when they were 7, 5 and 3 and absolute climbers and I couldn’t get the balcony door to lock. I was terrified they were going to get out.

1 Like

Balconies feel much more private to me. With a patio, people can walk within a few feet of you while you’re sitting in your pajamas enjoying your coffee and that just weirds me out.

But I will say that while I was disappointed at Christmas that I got a first-floor room at SSR, and I almost asked the front desk if they could move me, when I was exhausted coming back from the parks it was really, really nice not to have to climb stairs or wait for an elevator.

3 Likes

The no stairs thing is definitely an advantage at times.

1 Like