Bad News Folks, WDW retracting the July 11th opening date for Resort Hotels

Last but not least, with fewer employees needed for DVC, there’s less viral risk to employees, for 3 weeks.

Does opening the DVC resorts also help address the dues issue (lessen the demand for partial refunds)?

I think there will be significant scrutiny over the increased costs once they open back up versus the money saved during closing, don’t you. I am glad there are DVC owning lawyers and accountants who will take care of this!

1 Like

Probably. The one statement DVC made was that, while there has been a period of lower operating costs, startup costs may absorb some or all of that. What they did commit to is that any surplus would be credited back.

From the e-mail I got 4/24:

Finally, some Members have had questions about how the closure is affecting their association’s annual dues . While lower operating costs are anticipated for each condominium association because of the closures, there are many unknowns ahead as the resorts return to operation. Our commitment to Guest and Cast safety remains our top priority, and changes may be implemented to the way we operate, which may add some new costs. Given the unique circumstances of this situation, the proposal is to issue a credit to Members in mid-December as part of the distribution of Annual Dues Statements for 2021 if their association has an operating surplus (as opposed to rolling all surpluses into reserves)

2 Likes

Another stupid question by me:

is CSR considered DVC? Or just the new Tower? Or none of it?

None of it.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

der. totally forgot about them! thanks for correcting me!