Back at UOR (For the second time in 2 months)

I was fine with a new wand. Last trip, it felt like I didn’t fit me too well anymore, but I didn’t actually want to buy a new one.

The only wand I’ve ever had trouble fitting into a free locker was Dumbledore’s Elder Wand, because it is an inch or so longer than the other wands. To fit it in, we had to take the wand out of the bag is was in, and place it on the diagonal. Not fun to do each ride, and we left the box at the hotel for the rest of that trip.

1 Like

Next up, MIB nothing special for me there. Then we did Simpsons. Older nephew stayed in the wheelchair. Younger nephew held on to his mother for the entire ride.

Next up, Animal Actors On Location. It’s a really cute show, and there is some variation on the animals that go out, as well as which dog comes out for each part. The kids loved it. We got the room ready text, so we headed out of the park. On the way out, I made sure to get some pictures.
We got back to the hotel, got our bags brought up, and made dinner.

Oldest niece and I did a shopping trip. I tried to call an uber on the way back, but it said “no cars available.” We waited ten minutes and were able to get one.

Once back at the hotel, I got the scooter from bell services, and grabbed some water bottles. We asked them to hold the case of water until we came back later that night.

Off to Islands of Adventure! We got more pictures and then went to Velocicoaster. If the crowds aren’t too busy, you can go for Jurassic Park Area to Hogsmeade without going on bypass bridge through the lost continent.
After that we went to Hagrids to close out the park. I did get to see the Sorting Hat light show, before going back to the hotel.

2 Likes

Monday, Jan 30th

Despite my best efforts, I never manage to rope drop. However, I do take the middle niece (14) with me to IOA for EPA. We did Velocicoaster, then headed into Hogsmeade to do some Magic. We did Forbidden Journey. We waited til 9 so we could use the Express Pass for the queue. There was a bit of trouble getting our picture, so we got our stuff from the lockers, and then we went back to get the on ride photo. I had planned to leave the scooter in Hogsmeade to take the Hogwarts Express, but it was closed, so we walked/scooters to USO.

As we were heading to Hogsmeade, two people dress up and Severus Snape, and Bellatrix Lestrange were in front of us. They were greeted by character name by the TM at the entrance, and then Labby the Cabby who was in Production Central. After they passed, Labby turned to me and said “they don’t even work here.” I had a good laugh at that.

The 14 year old and I did mummy and MIB a few times. We took the scooter back to IOA, and did Hulk, and then Popeyes and Blutos. We met back in Hogsmeade to eat lunch and to ride Hagrids. At this point the scooter battery was showing that is wasn’t full. It was missing 1 green bar, and I decided to let it charge while people rode Hagrids.

And then I noticed my wand was missing. I walked back to to Popeyes to see if it had been turned in, but no one had seen it. Then i went back to the scooter, and took it Hulk, the other place i could have lost it. Not there. (This is when I was going through Suess Landing, and I’m pretty sure I saw @darkmite2 on his way to Mythos.)

The TM told me to go to the front of the park to Lost and Found (near rentals) to see if it was there. I missed it and went to guest services outside the park who pointed out the Lost and Found. I went up, about to ask if someone had turned in a wand, and I saw a wand on the counter. “Has anyone turned in — is that my wand?” They said it could be, and asked me where I lost it. I said either Hulk or Toon Lagoon. It had been found in Toon Lagoon. The TM said if anything is left around for more than five minutes, the staff member will pick it to be sent to the front of the park.

I needed some time to calm down after that roller coaster, so I didn’t rejoin my family. I missed my chance to ride Pteranodon flyers with younger nephew, but I desperately needed the alone time. On my way back to the family, I decided to ride Spider-Man, so I parked the scooter and rode it.

I get back to the scooter, and my key is missing. I know i put it on my wrist, but it’s not there.

I go to the TM at the front of the ride, and ask if anyone found the key. They call a few places, but nothing. They do offer to show me how to put in in neutral if I need to move it without the key.

I decide to go through the queue and see if I can find it there. I find the tag for the key on the floor near a trashcan in the line. I pick it up. When I get to the front of the line, I ask if its found. Yes, so i grab it, and go back to my scooter. Then take it and head to Jurassic Park. The line for the Raptor encounter is pretty short so I go in, and meet Tango. I think as an encounter, the baby raptor is cuter than the big ones.

We meet the family, and head to Seuss Landing for a few rides. Taking the longer way through Super Hero Island because.

In the end, I only ride High In the Sky before heading back to the hotel because I’m too tired for anything else.

3 Likes

Tuesday, January 31st

Final Day

Woke up, sister offered to make lunch for niece and I, and to arrange for our stuff to be brought to bell services. Niece and I made our way to Hogsmeade. We got a return time due to the disability pass. I made her do something she had never done before. Walk through the standby queue at Forbidden Journey. I believe we did flight of the hippogriph next, and then went to velocicoaster. Once off that, we met with other nieces and headed to Hagrids’s. The HE was open, so I left the scooter in Hogsmeade and took it over. We did Gringotts. After that we did Animal Actors and the Horror show. The kids loved the horror show. We split up again so oldest and youngest need could see bourne stuntacular. Middle niece and I did Mummy. We stopped to watch the dance show, and I joined in the audience participation part, something I wanted to do since I first saw the show in December. No pictures though, maybe next time.
Niece and I went back to Hogsmeade, for our return time. Once that was done, niece and I took the express back to USO with the scooter. Met up with sister and younger nephew. Headed to the Horror show. On the way we met with Shrek near the media center. At the entrance to the show, the two penguins were by the hollywood show, so we grabbed more photos. Then we did horror show again, where my nephew was chosen to be the kid who gets blamed for throwing something on the curtain. We ran to the animal actors show for our final show of the day, where my nephew was chosen for the dog and laundry part of the show.

After that, we did dinner at the tables near the show.

My sister noticed she had been using a temporary card for photos, and wanted to know if i could get them added to the account. I couldn’t do it through the app, but I was able to go to photo store at the entrance of the park and get them added to the account.

Just before we left the park, I made the kids take lots of pictures, and then it was back to the hotel.

3 Likes

I’m so glad everything worked out! It was like a roller coaster just reading about all the lost items.

I totally get it! I misplaced my Driver’s License during HHN! I was grateful that it was waiting for me at security!

I’m truly enjoying other people spotting me in the parks like I’m a character performer again! :rofl::rofl::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

So glad your nephew got picked to be in the shows!

3 Likes