Baby rhino spotted on safari!

The baby rhino, Ranger, made his debut this week on Kilamanjaro safaris, or at least that’s what our guide said. He was well protected by his mom and several rangers, but didn’t seem at all phased by the attention.

image|375x500

9 Likes

Sorry, pic didn’t work. Will try again.

Yes, your guide was correct!

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/kilimanjaro-safaris/news/23feb2021-photos---four-month-old-rhino-calf-joins-the-herd-at-kilimanjaro-safaris.htm

What I particularly love is that his Mum was the very first white rhino born at AK. It’s like things have come full circle.

2 Likes

12 Likes

How exciting! We saw him from the train in January. What a cutie!

2 Likes

It’s the circle of life, and it moves us all!

(Simba exists stage right)

5 Likes

I saw Ranger on Monday. Didn’t get a pic though

I wish they would make more AK documentaries. Maybe when the pandemic is over.

2 Likes

Several CM’s at AK told us that they shot enough footage for several seasons. So hopefully it’s in the works without covid getting in the way.

4 Likes

Awwwwwwwww :heart:

2 Likes

I was going to say that, but I thought maybe that that implied Mom has died. :pleading_face: Which she hasn’t.

1 Like

Hard agree—if anyone hasn’t watched the AK documentary series on Disney+, it’s a must! I haven’t watched the last episode because I don’t want it to be over.

1 Like

Precious! Whenever they start up tours again I highly recommend the Up Close with Rhinos tour. I did it last February and they were talking about trying to mate them then so it’s really cool to see they were successful.

You can’t fool me, those are chubby unicorns.

4 Likes

Love Baby Animals!