Avis or Budget at MCO?

Currently have essentially same price/same car rental at both Avis and Budget at MCO later this month. I signed up for both “frequent” driver programs. Is one company easier to use at MCO than the other? Shorter lines or perhaps go directly to car?
BTW if anyone has rental ressie thru Costco, my quotes had dropped over $30 when I checked today.

Avoid Budget at MCO if you can. The line is always really long when we walk by, doesn’t matter what time day or night. Alamo is my preference at MCO, as you can skip all lines and just go straight to the parking lot where they allow you to choose any car in the category you booked (must go to Alamo website and check in, then choose straight to car and print out the paperwork). I book through Costco all the time, they give you a Costco # and an Alamo #, you need the Alamo # to set this up). Alamo is worth a bit more since time is money. You might save an hours worth of time with Alamo.

2 Likes

100%

2 Likes

Avis and Budget are the exact same company under the branding. ABG Inc= Avis, Budget, Payless, & Zipcar. Under the hood they are all using the same systems and processes so if you don’t like one of them, avoid the others. (I used to work for Zipcar)

1 Like

Yes Alamo is the one we used a few years ago, but right now their prices are quoting quite a bit higher than the others for my time period.

The old adage applies: you get what you pay for.

Best of luck - it’s tough out there for rentals right now!

1 Like