Average wait time for Anna and Elsa Meet & Greet with FPP?

What have the waits been like for Anna and Elsa with FPP?

I think they’re averaging under 25 minutes.

I waited 90 minutes at midnight over Memorial Day weekend, but I think there was something wrong.

I don’t really understand how the FPP and regular waits are related….if the regular line is longer then the FPP line is longer at that time too?

So in planning on where to get a A&E FPP, is it really that much short (per personalized touring plans) 9-10am? I’m getting 5 minutes. and 25minutes-ish most other times.

I believe that the general rule is, get there at rope drop for any chance at a line with less than an hour wait. Otherwise, without a fastpass you will wait for 2-3 hours. With a fastpass you will wait 10-25 minutes. The moral of the story. Get a fastpass for A&E.

Does it seem like the Anna & Elsa madness will settle down at some point soon?

@len @lentesta I have the same poser as @signusup Are the FPP wait times really that dramatically different at different times of the day? So is a 10am FPP really a better deal than a 1pm FPP for A&E? That’s not how FPP is supposed to work, but I guess A&E is a different animal altogether these days? Thanks.

Two things:

1. We estimate the FP wait as a function of standby wait, subject to some constraints. This works really well for things like Soarin’. May not be perfect for A&E, but it’s probably close enough.

2. For A&E specifically, yes, I think the CMs change the ratio to slightly favor standby, the longer the standby line is. I don’t think Disney tells them to do it - I think it’s human nature to have pity on anyone who’s stood in a 200-minute line. The CMs are probably thinking that if they take a slightly higher ratio of standby guests to FP guests, it really helps the standbys and only marginally inconveniences the FPs, so it’s a good tradeoff.

Put another way: One option is to always clear the FP queue before admitting any SB. Your FP wait would be as close to 0 as possible. At the other extreme, you could take 2 FPs for every 1 SB, and make the FP line 60 minutes and the SB line 120 minutes. The FP folks would still be much better off than the SB.

My sense is that CMs tend to the first option, keeping the FP line low, but allow a FP wait of up to 20 or 25 minutes so the SB people feel like they’re not getting completely ignored.

That’s just a guess. I could be wrong.

1 Like

Thanks for the question @ejj and explanation @Lentesta!