Aulani DVC changes for home peeps

Since I’m new to this… still need to figure out what this means to us… got this email today:

Aloha Aulani Member,

As we previously shared, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa is working toward a phased reopening beginning on November 1, 2020.

To provide greater flexibility for Members with an ownership interest at Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas, Ko Olina, Hawaii, we’ve modified our temporary policies regarding expiring Vacation Points for those with a reservation impacted by the Resort’s closure. If you have previously banked Points that are still eligible for use, they will automatically be extended through Feb 28, 2021, and will be available online for use through the Member Online Booking tool once your Use Year has ended. This includes previously banked April, June, August, September, October, or December 2018 or February 2019 Aulani Use Year points. All other types of Points will follow their normal expiration process.

We encourage you to regularly visit the Aulani Resort and Disney Vacation Club websites for important information regarding your Membership and utilize the Member Online Booking Tool to book or modify a Disney Vacation Club Resort reservation.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family home to Aulani Resort soon.

1 Like

Did you have an Aulani reservation? I actually don’t this is right. My wdw August 2018 points were extended until November 30th be a use the resorts we’re closed during my reservation. If my reservation was at Aulani in July , my points would be extended until Feb.28th? Aulani was closed 4 more months but you get three extra months? I know they don’t have to do this, but shouldn’t it be through the end of March?

1 Like

We had a reservation that we canceled due to Covid. If I remember correctly Aulani wasn’t open for our reservation. We have soooo many points right now. When I have more time I’ll have to go into our account to see what’s what. We’ve not made any new reservations cuz we’re not willing to fly yet.

1 Like

I hope this works for you to lose none of your points and have them fully available, as it should be

1 Like

Me too. Thanks!

@vcka We heard that Alaska and Delta will start testing passengers for COVID at the airport if they are going to Hawaii (this is at SeaTac in Washington). Everyone will have to have a negative test if they want to avoid the 14 day quarantine when they arrive. It makes the idea of flying to Hawaii a little more palatable when you know everyone has recently tested negative!

3 Likes

Instead of losing them can you book a few stays at wdw, or start a thread and rent some? It seems like the ones you have booked are extended.

1 Like

Good suggestions. I think we have to use half the points by December 2021. That gives us done time. I’ve tried to talk my DH into going to WDW but he doesn’t want to be in a hotel right now. We will have to talk about it more

You banked your 2019 points or they automatically extended them?

We banked them cuz we knew we weren’t going to be able to use them before December 1st

So you cancelled and banked? Then the extension does not apply?

1 Like

That is the question … :face_with_raised_eyebrow::crazy_face::rofl::nerd_face: