August is the Best Month to Visit Disney World...Said No One Ever

and a shirt

17 Likes

@LTinNC82 I raise my Slushy to you for your excellent idea

21 Likes

it was very good but not quite life changing :grin:

2 Likes

Oooh thanks so much! I had an exceptionally crappy day, but that makes up for some of it!

1 Like

22 Likes

Such a good show!

I’m so glad you had the evening you’ve had :blush:

2 Likes

Excellent fireworks pictures!

1 Like

What’s up for tomorrow??

1 Like

What?!? :astonished: How did I not know about this?!?

2 Likes

I’m settled in and listening to the weather channel tell me about Fred :worried:

But, we march on. Tomorrow is AK. I have my water shoes, ponchos and umbrella.

A couple of thoughts on today for planners

First, the return of so many things —- even ones I didn’t make use of — just felt So Good. Shops are open, eating places are open, little stands, fireworks! It hadn’t really sunk in how deflating it was to have so much closed (for safety, so the right call, but still). The feeling of excitement and bustle is back, which just lifted my spirits.

Second, i thought mask compliance was very good. Maybe since its just indoors if feels more tolerable to many and so there is better compliance when it is required. or maybe I have ceased noticing non-compliance. Or maybe since I’m vaccinated and all my loved ones are that anxiety is less. Whatever the reason, its nice.

Third, I saw many, many more children than when I was here previously in the last year. That also made me happy.

Fourth, thank you to whoever recommended mask leashes! I bought some and used one today and it was a Huge help because of being able to take the mask off outside.

18 Likes

I love Donald the most, and my “little” is 28 years old and loves Coco the bestest, so thank you for the public service announcement!!!

:::adding lengthy shopping trip in Mexico pavilion to September touring plan:::

10 Likes

At the bus stop 6:45am. First bus is to MK so not me

i think my phone camera lens is foggy from the humidity!

17 Likes

its a little muggy this morning but i just want the rain to hold off so i can have some fun!

6 Likes

Breakfast of RD champions

19 Likes

Bus at 7:01. Probably not the first AK bus of the morning

2 Likes

6:44 is the earliest noted time on the liner spreadsheet that I can see.

4 Likes

arrved just as the ta stiles oened

19 Likes

She says Good morning

!

19 Likes

Held at the Pandora bridge

10 Likes

I was not planning to RD FoP but since I’m here!

and not back there!

16 Likes