Au Petit Cafe vs Chefs De France

We will be at WDW on my birthday. This is a very frugal trip as we have 4 children. :smile: We are planning one CS meal per day, but I thought it would be fun to go to France and get french onion soup. My favorite place we ate at on our honeymoon almost 20 years ago was Au Petit Cafe, but it no longer exists. Is Chefs De France the only location where french onion soup is served? I was really just wanting the simple meal and we won’t be dressed up. Will the whole family enjoy it?

BOG sells it as CS rates. I haven’t tried Chefs de France, so hopefully someone else can answer that.

BOG’s french onion soup is a little bland and one dimensional. I’ve never eaten at CDF, but we are our next trip. I’d hope it be better than BOG

2 Likes

I agree about the BOG soup. The potato leek there is much better, which I know is not the advice you are looking for!

I did a search for French Onion Soup on the touringplans dining page. Here are the results:

http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/menu_items?search=french+onion+soup&location=&category=

Looks like nowhere else in Epcot/France has it. That said, I would not worry about about being dressed up for CdF. If I were you, I would make an ADR for around lunch time and just order apps and drinks. Not sure what your family normally likes to eat, but the kids chicken fingers there were excellent.

1 Like

Le Cellier really should have it. French Onion Soup is just as much a staple of French Canadian restaurants… certainly more so than Cheddar Cheese Soup.

1 Like