AS2 or SDD x2 - What would you do?

First timers, 3 boys, 10, 11 and 14, going to DHS for EMH on CL8 day.

Plan is to head straight to Jedi sign up and then TSM. My TP says that if we get in the SDD queue straight after at 8.45 it will be a 36 minute wait, AS2 at the same time would be 20 minutes.

We have a 1pm SDD FPP and for another night of trip but the ride does sound fun and I don’t know if AS2 is that exciting? We could ride AS2 later in the day but TP estimates are 45mins which sounds a long wait for a tame ride.

Those of you who have done both what would you do, especially bearing in mind the ages of my boys? I don’t think we can do both during EMH as we want to do morning JTA.

Does the DS3 meet the height requirements? AS2 is a cute ride.

1 Like

Sorry I meant I have three sons, they will be aged 10, 11 and 14. DS10 is nearly as tall as his medium-sized brother although we have to pretend this isn’t the case so DS11 doesn’t get in a strop!

AS2 does look fun but I just wondered whether an extra SDD ride would be worth skipping it for…….

I think your boys would find an extra ride on SDD more exciting than AS2. Now I think AS2 is oddly fun, but I wouldn’t wait 45 minutes for it.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I misread the post which was very clear. I agree with @dreamer.

2 Likes

I don’t know how late you will be at HS, but we recently rode AS2 twice just before park closing (last 15 minutes).

2 Likes

I think you’re right, it’s just sometimes a dilemma how to spend your time when the 11yo wants to do EVERYTHING!!!

I don’t think we’ll be there that late that day but we could try to ride it the following week when we’re there for the evening shows. But it sounds as though the shows start at park close so you can’t hop in ride queues at the same time? I imagine the wait times will be even longer the following week as it’s directly before Easter.

1 Like

You should also keep checking the app to see if any same day FPs for AS2 show up–it is possible.

1 Like

Oh that’s interesting, I’d assumed as it was quite new there wouldn’t be any. Are there same day drops as there are for FOP?
I can’t imagine that DH or DS14 would be bothered about riding it so at least I’d be looking for a smaller number of FPPs……….

Not that I am aware of, but I have found same day FPs for every ride except for SDD. Just keep refreshing!!

1 Like

I would do sdd twice! If you catch a short wait sometime during the day or a fo you could ride as2 but in my opinion if your boys like coasters it’s more fun!

2 Likes

Yes there are - 9.31, 12.01, 2.31 and 5.01.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like