Artist Point or CG for special dinner with kids?

Hopefully not!!! Being a fourth kid she’s definitely been exposed to more scary villains/characters than her older siblings were at her age. If she is maybe we could request a table on the edge of the room.

1 Like

Your kids would probably prefer AP, but the adults in the party CG. Getting to CG will be easy while AP will be a trek, especially on the way back to the Poly with 4 tired kids. Can your kids sit still, or do they need constant entertainment?

My concern with CG would be how long it would take to get served, and keeping them entertained during the wait.

And 8pm seems very early for fireworks. When is your trip?

Right now Preisent’s week is scheduled to close at 8 most nights. Although they most likely will extend hours past 8 on the nights there is not an extra hours event scheduled, the dessert parties and fireworks are scheduled for an 8 show.

We will be there 1/31-2/8. Hours most of the week show parks closing around 8.

My older three do very well at restaurants. My youngest does too really but she’s two and can get squirmy. She often will want to sit in our laps until the food arrives. For the most part, they do well. Last trip, we had 3 ADRs a day and weren’t completely miserable from sitting down with the kids all day.

1 Like

Got a reservation for 4 at 4:10! Setting up another res finder for a second 4 top table. I also have one for 8 but I’m not super optimistic I’ll be able to snag that large of a reservation this close to our travel dates.

So, my original plan for this day was to RD AK until 2, head back to the Poly for a break and then hop the monorail to CG for dinner at 7:30. I set an early time on res finder for AP thinking we’d just stay in AK until 3, then hop a bus straight to WL, have an early dinner and call it a night.

Does this sound like an ok plan? Or should I stick with my original mid-day break/later dinner plan? I’m not counting on my kids napping at the hotel mid-day. If anything, the littles are more likely to nap in the stroller in the park than in the hotel room.

You are lucky. I’ve had reservation finder set for 6 for one of my days and haven’t had a hit yet. I was successful getting one for a different day for 6 and one for 2 but not for 6 on my preferred day. Fingers crossed I’ll finally have your luck.

I hope it comes through for you! When is your trip?

I have not been to AP, but my kids (13 months old and 3.5 y.o) enjoyed CG last month. My 13 month old ate his entire order of Wild Salmon (never seen that on a kids menu before) and loved it. CG is fancy, but there were a number of kids there. We didn’t feel out of place with young kids. The views from CG are amazing … if you go, request a table by the window.

1 Like

That’s great!! And amazing that your toddler ate with gusto!! :slight_smile: My now 2.5 y/o was 21 months our last trip and basically survived on bread baskets and her siblings’ scraps. :roll_eyes:

Looking for AP on Mar 26 So I still have some time to find one but I figure no one will drop as its new and people that have an ADR prob want to try it. I have an ADR on the 24th but since I’ve changed our days around after booking a super early arrival flight, it isn’t optimal any more.

Yes, he is a good eater. My 3.5 year old on the other hand would be happy dining with your 2.5 y/o on the bread basket and her younger brother’s scraps.

:laughing:

Man, I hate waiting for plans to be solidified. I’ve been here today thinking about how we leave in 4 weeks and feeling like I want to print out my TPs and a hardcopy of my FPs but thinking they could/probably will change between now and then! Even when I’ve fussed over them so many times and been sure they are perfect!!

Hoping the res finder comes through for you! I like looking at available ADRs a day or two out from the current day and am often surprised by what pops up. It always gives me hope!

I know. I am not patient. Hope you’ll share your trip report here.

1 Like