Art of Animation Family Suite vs Moderate or Deluxe Resort

We probably arrived after you left. It would have been around 6/21

2 Likes

I’m staying in AoA family suites in december…but we’re all adults and want it for the two bathrooms. It was actually cheaper than anything else I found for that time period (including doing two rooms). I am holding out hope for a good DVC deal to drop, but we do like the skyliner option.

3 Likes

We stayed at AoA as a party of 6 - our family of 5 plus Grandma. It was great in some ways (2 bathrooms, theming, busses) and not so great in others (noise from hallways and other rooms carries, food court gets old). The prices are so much higher for them now! (We stayed there in 2018.) I’d still recommend it for a bigger family that is too big for a 4-person standard room if they want everyone to be able to stay together.
Since your family of 4 will fit anywhere, I’d much prefer a mod or deluxe where the amenities are nicer and the hotel rooms are bigger. Our fam of 5 just stayed at YC for the 1st time and that was wonderful. It was plenty of room for our growing kids (ages 14, 12, 9) and the quick access to 2 parks is huge. The only hard part is having just one bathroom, but we can always make that work on vacation.
DH and I stayed at WL without the kids and it was amazing! If you are looking at CCV, that would be a great option. That resort is beautiful. I wish those rooms fit 5. I’d love to stay there with our kids. We’d have to do a DVC rental to do that.

3 Likes

I’m staying at ASMo on Friday, so I can book a future stay at a discount.

1 Like

This is a tough situation because you can’t have it all unless you’re willing to spend…a lot.

I want on-site, not strictly bus transport, two sleeping areas, and kitchenette….and the closest I can budget for is 2 rooms at Pop or AoA suite. The verdict ended up being a BWV studio. I’m gambling a bit but my kids will be 4 & 6 and we can maybe sit on the tiny balcony if we don’t want to go to bed when they do.

1 Like

Can you rent points for a 1-bedroom at BWV for similar to the AoA or two rooms at Pop? That’s what I usually do nowadays. I am renting points in Oct at GFV for half price from what Disney charges.

Also BW is tied with AKL for my fave resort. I could go either way depending on what I’m looking for in that trip.

1 Like

Unfortunately the 1 BR cost is a lot more (about $770/night) unless I can find a dedicated rental. I have set dates so I went with the BWV studio ($540/night) versus 2 rooms at Pop ($555/night) or family suite at AoA ($680/night).

Since the kids are little older than their first trip and won’t turn into (horrible screaming) pumpkins at 7 pm, here’s to hoping they’ll pass out at the end of the day and it won’t matter that we have one sleeping area.

3 Likes

Did you check the cabins? Fort Wilderness is fun!

1 Like

This, especially with older kids.

Last year we stayed in a 2BR with my parents at BLT. I thought the third bathroom was silly until we used it every night after the kids were asleep. Now I imagine wanting a sink for myself when the kids are older because…boys. Ew.

5 Likes

It is so hard to decide, I think sometimes it’s try something and see. Here’s an idea: split stay? Do AoA for half the trip and a DVC or deluxe option the other half.

3 Likes

I actually really like the food court. They have daily rotating specials of international food and feel they have healthy options.

1 Like

Interesting yute having all adults - they’re ok sleeping in a Murphy or sofa bed?

I feel it’s easy once kids are asleep to watch something on your phone in bed with headphones.

It is. It’s turning to DVC though so not sure how that’s affecting price and availability. Abs so budget an extra $65/day there for the golf cart - it’s a fun necessity.

1 Like

I need to correct myself! My bounceback offer for BWV studio was $540 but I actually booked a point rental for $375/night. So a very easy decision for me honestly.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s bad; it’s just the only option. Somewhere like Yacht/Beach you’re spoiled food wise with the entire boardwalk, EPCOT, etc.

1 Like

You have access to Pop and SL resorts though. I felt like u had way less options staying at FW. A lot of mods are pretty isolated too.

1 Like

Oh for sure. FW only makes sense to me if you’re cooking.

1 Like

Lately they have had one of the higher percentages off when they run room discounts. I’ve always seen decent availability when looking a few months out.