Art Department - Frequently Asked Questions

Same.
Logo is clean and simple. Front and sleeve is cool, too.

Options are nice. I’m not into wordy t-shirts, but it’s great that others are.

I’ve had decent experiences with zazzle. Currently feudiing with redbubble over shirt that hasn’t arrived.

1 Like

keep in mind, we’ll be limited to the options the places offer. For example, few will allow both a front and back design simultaneously, or on the sleeve.

So, keep the optimism high, but don’t be crushed when/if the realization that “you can’t do that” appears.

Heh, welcome to the world of being a designer.

1 Like

I imagine that there would be several simultaneous goals with merch designs.

1. Advertise Touring Plans so that more people would be curious and eventually sign up.

2. Have designs that liners would want to buy and are unique. Perhaps with insider jokes?

3. Provide a means for fellow liners to recognize one another in the parks (not necessarily the face, but that the shirt tells them that they are a liner).

Numbers 1 and 3 seem like they would work coincidentally.

Number 2 was why I suggested @Randall1028 offer up his badge design concept, since his badges are awesome!

4 Likes

Thank ya.

However, the only issue is the badges, as they are, aren’t really promoting touringplans. I don’t think they would/should be allowed up there without a distinct TP spin (or branding). Otherwise, we would just end up just putting up any ol’ design.

I agree. There would need to be both, somehow. I am not a graphic artist, though. I will leave it up to you and others to figure out how to merge them.

You might be a liner if…

you have earned a badge from TP forum

(insert - don’t be weird)

…typing/thinking out loud…

2 Likes

What about a Big Brain Moves badge where the little icon portion is the TP logo or something?

1 Like

if we’re going to spitball ideas(which I’m for), let’s start a new thread. I’d like to keep this thread to Questions/Answers.

3 Likes

oh I like that

Looks at title of thread.

Oh. Uh. Yeah. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What? So now we have a No-Hijacking-Thread rule?

4 Likes

Hmm. Apparently I don’t have the rights to create a new thread. Someone else will have to create a “Spitball ideas” thread under the Art Department category.

We do here.

Welcome to my New Order.

5 Likes

Wait…Who put you in charge?

ETA: Which I assume fits under the “Frequently Asked Questions” requirement?

1 Like

Wait, really?

This new order is beautiful! er…I mean… I’ll have someone look into it. :smirk:

1 Like

NOT me.

Seriously, can no one but me make Threads? (@PrincipalTinker and @missoverexcited obviously don’t need to try as I full expect them to be able to )

1 Like

Drunk with power already.

Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power tends to corrupt absolutely.

4 Likes

Everyone can… I call user error (I didn’t complete setting up the thread just walked through steps to SEE :wink: )

1 Like

Oh. So it is just ME:

Here, under the topic, the New Topic button is grayed out.

However, when I do it the way you did, before, “Art Department” wasn’t even being given as an option. Tried it again just now and it is. So. Hmm.

2 Likes