Arrival Night Dinner for 1

Anticipated taking a long break, but couldn’t do it. With a little persuasion from another Disney-loving family member, I now have a count down…43 days!!!
Flying in alone a day before the others, and unsure what to do on arrival night. I have a couple ideas, but wondering what people suggest if I’m looking for someplace to grab a bite to eat. Looking for nice atmosphere to have a small meal (app/salad/burger/sandwich) and a drink or 2, somewhere I don’t feel odd sitting alone. Open to a relaxed atmosphere or could be something fun The first thing that comes to mind is a bar/lounge or something with outdoor seating/people watching. Timing would be 7-8ish on a Tuesday night. Somewhere in Disney Springs? A park? A resort? Either table service or quick service would be fine, as long as the food and drinks are yummy (doesn’t have to be signature dining quality, but not looking for fast food quality either). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Here are some thoughts:

1 Like

And some More recent thoughts

Ooh, thank you, I’ll take a look at those!

1 Like

On my last trip I also arrived earlier than everyone else, and enjoyed a lunch at Bar Riva at the Riviera! It’s open air and facing the main pool, but there’s a line of hedges so you’re not staring at the pool the entire time. The bartenders were super friendly, and they have great cocktails! Also you can use the Skyliner to make a connection to HS for a bus to get back to wherever you are staying.

2 Likes

I just did my first solo trip and I did my meals at bars and booths in Epcot. I enjoyed Three Brdiges a lot. Not sure how hard it would be for you to get to CSR. People seem to like the one at Wilderness Lodge too and I’m sure there are numerous DS options. Someone just did a trip report from the roof of Paddlefish with some yummy lobster corn dogs.

1 Like

I have never felt “odd” sitting along ANYWHERE at Disney. I have as much right to be there as any group, so I am going to enjoy myself.

I love Boathouse at Disney Springs - great food, great drinks, great atmosphere!

In a park… MK - Skipper Canteen; Epcot - La Hacienda de San Angel; AK - Satu’li Canteen (yes, it’s QS but it’s quality QS)

Resort: Beaches & Cream, Kona Cafe, The Wave…unless you’re taking Disney transportation you’re going to need an ADR for a resort (so no QS or non-ADR restaurants).

2 Likes

Yay! Another trip! You know I almost always travel solo and never have an issue eating anywhere. I plan on going to Topolino’s on my first night and eating in the lounge before heading out to the rooftop patio for a couple cocktails. Hope you have a blast!

3 Likes